1. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

I am destroyed.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deadrats, Mar 3, 2022.

I am destroy. Absolutely heartbroken. I feel ruined. I lost my favorite person in the world. He died of covid. Some of you already know. Today is the first day I've come back to the forum.

Everything is different and so is writing. I can't believe I do nothing so much. How masterfully I do nothing. People are telling me to write. I know it's just that they can't think of what to tell me when they say things like I need to get out. It's okay that people say the wrong things and the right things.none of it matters. Or maybe all of it does.

So often I'm alone. Ached by lonesomeness.

2. RMBROWN

RMBROWN Senior Member

I had this thought today. Our lives are changed in the blink of an eye.
    Sorry for your loss.
    There is no easy way, no magic way to deal with the death of a loved one. Death really is part of life and there is no escaping it, except to live each day like it mattered. The best way to heal is to reach out to others that were part of your friend's life. Share the good stuff, grieve together, remember him, the good times you shared and things you did together. He is only really gone when he is forgotten.

Cave Troll and Seven Crowns like this.
  3. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I am so sorry to read this. Please accept my condolences.

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Sorry to hear about this, deadrats.

5. Not the Territory

Not the Territory Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Sorry to hear this. May he rest. Condolences and well wishes to you, deadrats.

6. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Everything is anchored by this sadness. All time is doing is making me more lonesome.

7. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Very sorry to hear about this. I know how overwhelming and all-consuming such a loss gets to be. It's probably a trite and perfectly useless thing to say, but time really does help. You just need lots more of it. Time, and... presumably there are other ingredients, but I'm really not one to be giving out advice. Dealing with this stuff is a highly personal process, after all. Just try to find joy and comfort where you can, I guess. The wound might never heal completely, but at a point it stops bleeding.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

:friend:

I'm so sorry for this horrible thing that happened to you. The world can be so cruel sometimes and this pandemic is one of those times.