Tags:
  1. Jane with dyslexic flag

Jane with dyslexic flag Member

discription/describing animals words help

Discussion in 'Research' started by Jane with dyslexic flag, Oct 15, 2017.

anyone know of any good lists online i can get words to help describe animal physical characteristics, body parts, a jaguar with a "light grey camouflaged crescent shaped spot pattern along its fur" slowly stalked behind the large plump dodo bird munching on some juicy fallen fruit below a over-abundant fruit tree.
    It knelt down low it's stomach almost caressing the ground as the jaguar drew closer trying not to be seen til it got to an easy pouncing distance its "ears cocked up" alert forward listening, a irresistible prey for any hungry predator no wonder there were so few dodos around -a example.
    i want a list of different animal different physical characteristics like:
    * eyes (shapes and types)
    *noses (shapes and types)
    *ears (shapes and types)
    *skin, hide, coat
    *scales, feathers
    *claws, talons,
    *fangs, teeth,
    *horns, tasks
    *feet, hoofs, pads, fins
    *fur (textures and types)
    *trunks, spines, shells
    *camouflage patterns
    for describing animals still alive and megafauna and some animals i like to make up for the story i am working on.
    but my research for such words have come up empty no matter how i phrase my questions on google to find what i am looking for is making me profusely frustrated.
    please any assistance will be a great help and appreciated

2. Bill Chester

Bill Chester Active Member

Hi Jane,

Have you tried Onelook Thesaurus?
    http://www.onelook.com/thesaurus/

It gives words that are related to the phrase you type in, often only vaguely related.

3. Jane with dyslexic flag

Jane with dyslexic flag Member

dear Bill,
    thanks for your suggestion it did help quite a bit help me feel not as lost but still there are certain descriptive words that were not there that i really pine for like curved ear, eye pupils with a vertical, elliptical shape, much like a cat's eye, had horns that curved down, horns that curve out wide and up, horns that are twisted.
    etc.
    if you or anyone could think of any please message me thanks so much :)