1. naruzeldamaster

naruzeldamaster Senior Member

Do you have random bouts of 'weird' humor?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by naruzeldamaster, Aug 26, 2021.

I mean something you normally wouldn't find funny, but in the moment you make yourself (and possibly others) laugh their ass off at the insanity of the funny thing you done did.

I can think of a prime example. My parents were talking about how a motorcyclist got knocked over by a bear. The image that popped into my head was the bear hearing the motorcycle coming, turning around, and swatting the motorcycle away with a defiant 'Not today!'

Xoic likes this.
  2. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Haha, that bear went Kung Fu Panda on that biker!

3. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Not random, no. Weird humor is pretty much my default.

4. Mullanphy

Mullanphy Banned

My adult daughter has accused me of being random since she learned the definition. Usually a reference to my sense of humor, something I did not know I had.

5. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

Ive always laughed at stupid things....
    Literally, my nickname was "Giggles" through middle school.
    There was this game where, we were out in 2 teams and one person from each team had to try to make the other laugh. The winning team was the team who who withstand the temptation to laugh.
    No one wanted me on their team. I was the first to get "out" because they just had to look at me and i'd giggle....

Its a curse.

But at least my abs look nice:cool:

Cave Troll and Xoic like this.
  6. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

I occasionally have random bouts of normalcy when I'm not thinking weird things and laughing my ass off.

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. Chromewriter

Chromewriter Contributor Contributor

I have a very black sense of humour mired with very strange jokes. So sometimes people laugh and sometimes people become nervous LOL.

Cave Troll, Moon and Seven Crowns like this.
  8. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

But people that call others and objects ‘random’ have almost certainly not learned the definition, as described so beautifully by Dylan Moran.

Night Herald, Rizona and Xoic like this.
  9. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I dwell on things I shouldn't and after a while everything seems funny. Lately I've been pondering the Tik-Tok logo. I don't watch Tik-Tok. It's cringy in the same way amateur improv is, and revolves around the notoriety of base stupidity, but the logo fascinates me. It's 3d, obviously, because of the blue and the red bands. But what is it?

[​IMG]

I think it's a music note. An eighth note, but I'm not sure. It also looks like a seahorse or a flag on a putting green. Or one of those bounce toys.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how it relates to the name "Tik Tok." Like a metronome maybe? It reminds me of Zik Zak. That name was chosen to be deliberately garish. It was a company that created blipverts, compressed advertisements meant to appeal to the sub-intellectual masses of the future. Watch too many of them and the neural overload will make you explode. What does this say about the Tik Tok audience?

Chromewriter likes this.
  10. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I think the note is also supposed to resemble a lowercase 'd' since the company originated as the Chinese company 'Douyin'. Why they wouldn't use a capital D, who knows?

I've never really thought about it, but it looks like a fish hook to me, which better represents the platform than a musical note in my opinion.

Edit: Tiktok users frequently lip synch well known or trendy songs, so the musical note makes some sense, but I think it's dumb to use it here, since hardly anyone uses Tiktok to promote new and ORIGINAL music.

Seven Crowns likes this.
  11. Chromewriter

Chromewriter Contributor Contributor

I think it depends. It's like anything in life, in moderation there is no harm. But the problem is that it's designed to be addictive. Same as that flicking motion with your finger is designed to make you want to scroll more.

Eventually all that neural overload of information makes you not able to process anything that doesn't finish your attention in 10 seconds. Which makes us all a little bit adhd. I don't know the solution to this, maybe just need people to be mindful and more present in their kids life to block this sort of behaviour.

Seven Crowns likes this.
  12. Mullanphy

Mullanphy Banned

My daughter, who is not only well educated (two more advanced degrees than her Old Man), but pretty damn smart, to boot, knew and knows the definition of the term random every time she applied it to me. I know that is fact because the first time she used it when she was about eight years old I gave her a dictionary and had her tell me which definition she was using. She did not bother opening the book, just looked me in the eye and quoted the definition she based her opinion upon.

Really? A comedian is the current go-to expert on language?

13. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

let's have a bit less heat huh

14. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Random bouts...depends. If I remember a joke whilst doing something, I will laugh.

But my sense of humor is quite morbid, so rarely can I share what exactly has me laughing.

15. Glen Barrington

Glen Barrington Senior Member

Random bouts of weird humor sort of describes my life. I've learned though, that comedians and prophets seem to be hated the most.

16. Le gribouilleur

Le gribouilleur Active Member

I used to laugh at talking mouths when I was a kid. I don't know why I focused on the mouth of my teacher one day. I couldn't stop laughing. Part of the reason was that her mouth looked funny when she talked fast. She became very upset.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  17. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Same here. There have been moments I had to step back and question my sanity. :p

18. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Yeah kinda. The more I watch Voyager, the more my brain
    wants to call the ship and interstellar spoon. :p