1. Kennithp

Kennithp New Member

Political thriller

Discussion in 'Research' started by Kennithp, Apr 29, 2024.

I’m interested in writing a political thriller and I’d like to know what to research?

Cdn Writer likes this.
  2. Kennithp

Kennithp New Member

I bought some books on politics but I’m wondering about certain things like Homeland Security and living in Washington DC. My novel is about a Homeland Security agent who is called to the White House to investigate a Senator who is running against the President. I haven’t got all of the details worked out yet. This will be the first thriller I’ve written but I read them a lot.

Cdn Writer likes this.
  3. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!
    Research politics, pork, working with people you hate (or can't stand), speaking in tongues - saying one thing and meaning another thing - also known as double speak.

Need more details. Like this investigator guy could find out the political opponent has an illegitimate child or likes to fornicate with farm animals and reports that info to the President, then the President blackmail him?

4. Kennithp

Kennithp New Member

Thanks