1. Neiklot

Neiklot New Member

I'm new, please help

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Neiklot, Jul 7, 2013.

Hello. I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but it's not very clear to me: How can I post short stories in the short stories section?

Thank you very much for the help. If you wish you can delete this thread after you let me know.

2. Neiklot

Neiklot New Member

Someone PMed me saying that I have to critique 2 to post one. So far I got it, but how to critique?

3. Neiklot

Neiklot New Member

I have already answered in 2 short stories and I still can't see the option of posting my own story. I feel frustrated, I'm going to sleep, if I can't post my own sequence of short stories in this forum, then perhaps I will find another one without restrictions.

4. UnrealCity

UnrealCity Active Member

Welcome Neiklot,

I believe you have to have a minimum of 20 posts and been here for 2 weeks before you can post in the workshop. This is so that new members can get a feel for the site and understand how it works. I believe it's effective:)

Perhaps have a look around and participate in other sections of the forum.

5. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

Or you could blog your stories and link the blog, in your .sig file.

Unrestricted forums are so great! You get LOADS of spam every day that you otherwise would never have to sift through (hence the two week waiting period), both on the forum walls and in your inbox and you'll also get PMs constantly telling you about how you can buy designer women's clothes at HUGE DI$COUNT$ and bargain electronics from Kenya because you won the UK Lottery!

Or you can wait two weeks here and first help (critique) others before hoping they'll help you. What you learn by critiquing will probably help your own writing quite a bit, in the same way that teaching helps to round out a student.

Patience young padawan ;-) it will be okay. The writing nerds will be with you shortly. :)

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

read the site rules and other intro stuff in the 'important information' section at the top right of the site's opening page and you'll find out why you can't post your work yet and what you have to do before you'll be allowed to...