1. Houda

Houda New Member

The Mortal Instruments Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Houda, May 25, 2012.

So just wondering if anyone read this series by Cassandra Claire? I've read books 1-4 and have the 5th(City of lost soul) but don't yet have time to read it.

2. mango coconut

mango coconut New Member

I read the first book and really enjoyed it. There were some aspects that bothered me but I read it a long time ago. I never got around to reading the rest of them. But if you like the Mortal Instruments you should read the other series, the Infernal Devices. It's sort of a pre-series to the Mortal Instruments.

3. Fivvle

Fivvle Member

The first three were pretty good, but I never really loved them. To me, the plot twists in the third book seemed so forced that it was hard to digest. Once it got to the fourth book, Cassandra Claire turned into another Stephanie Meyer. It was full of disgustingly cheesy lines, like "You two share a love that will either save the world or burn it down" - I'm paraphrasing, but probably not very much. The entire book was about angsty teenage love triangles and unrequited affection. Overall, that book was a disaster. I never want to read another book by that author again.