Tags:
  1. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Question [Solved] Posting a link

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Naomasa298, Jan 12, 2020.

In one particular research thread, I wanted to post a link to a thread on another forum where the other person could find out more detail. Specifically, it's a historical question and the link points to a history forum.

I don't want to be seen to be promoting another forum, and in particular, I am a moderator on that forum (we actually have some members in common, which I didn't know about until I joined here).

So I want to ask if that's acceptable? There's probably no more need for the link in the current discussion, but I want to check just for future reference. Don't want to break any rules.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

i'd say thats fine in that context

the rules are i) No bald links - ie links with no other content ii) no self promo or advertising iii) no links to content that breaks our rules in terms of obscenity etc and iv) nothing that is likely to start or pursue a forum war "look at this dick on xyzforum saying abc... what a douche, pile on chaps"

Since none of the four are operable here - I'd say post it

Naomasa298 and EFMingo like this.
  3. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Thanks moose. If it comes up again, I'll know it's okay.