1. Divine Walker

Divine Walker Member

Currently Reading::
    Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard

Marketing for Author

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Divine Walker, Oct 8, 2017.

Hi, I am new here. My name is Divine Walker. I have a question here in need of answers. How do author market themselves and make themselves known?

I know that it's not easy but I guess there's suppose to be a proper way of doing this. Therefore, I hope some experienced self publishing author could advice on this.

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

There is a podcast that might be of interest to you (and many authors, especially those who have or intend to self publish).

Check out Wood on Words by David Wood. I would say google it, but there are a lot of David Woods, and many do not talk about writing...so, here is the link Wood on Words.

He is an action adventure author mainly, but has a lot of other experience related to writing, publishing and marketing. So far there are 38 episodes. Most are about 30 to 40 minutes in length. You can pretty much guess by the topic of the podcast and the accompanying show notes what will be discussed.

Hope this helps, Divine Walker, and others coming across this thread.

Medazza likes this.
  3. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

Cheers, I'll take a listen

4. Divine Walker

Divine Walker Member

Currently Reading::
    Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard
    Thank, there's some useful info

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The creative Penn podcast has lots of marketing info, however if you've not written the book yet I wouldn't worry about it too much.

6. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

I have had excellent results with Face Book. See my author's page Lewis McIntyre, wife wife's Karen D. McIntyre, and our book pages, Come, Follow Me; The Eagle and the Dragon; and Parham's Mill. I just separated my two books to separate linked pages, and will run all adverts on them in the future, and save my author's page for events. Also just started an open Historical Fiction discussion group under Lewis McIntyre. The advantage of Facebook, vs. a website, is that you can promote the facebook page to a huge audience very cheaply and quickly, which has resulted in a high sales rate for E&D, with CFM started finally to come out of the shadows (a surprising 165K ranking this morning for the tiny 47 page book); E&D currently ranks between 80 and 165K , depending on how many sales I get in the UK... right now I am selling more there than here, which causes my US ranking to sag, and I can't see my Kindle ranking in the UK