1. Lily

Lily New Member

Presidential Elections

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lily, Feb 16, 2007.

Who are you going to vote for for president in 2008? (Or, who do you want to be president in 2008)
    I know there are no candidates yet, I'm just curious who everyone has in mind. Personally, I am thinking about voting for Mitt Romney, he's the governor of Massachusettes.
    Anyways, just curious. My husband thinks I'm a dork for posting this because there are no candidates yet, but oh well!:rolleyes:

2. Isis

Isis New Member

Well, even now it's not too hard to put forth guesses about who's going to be running. But, I don't know - As the elections approach I'm definately going to be doing a lot of researching and a lot of arguing with my politics friend, because she knows stuff, and it'll be the first election that we'll be able to vote in. So I probably won't form any opinions until I've heard everyone I know argue about it for a while.

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    There are a lot of unofficial candidates right now, and at least half of them are going to be going all the way so might as well start critiquing them now.

I can't vote, not a citizen, but I hope Giuliani goes for it. He did a lot of good things for New York, his worst problems mainly deal with his personal life, and he's a nice middle ground politician. The last is most important considering the nasty Left/Right divide that has split the US for the last two decades.

But as long as Hillary (she strikes me as indecisive, and only knowledgeable about a few not key issues) doesn't get in the US shouldn't do too badly with its current slate of possible candidates.

4. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    I think maybe we should all vote a toddler in....honestly what harm can they do that the previous candidates haven't already...

Just kidding but I thought it may get a laugh out of someone....

Ariella

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    McCain FTW. I can't vote but, thats who I'd most likely go for. Hilary...is Hilary, so she'd be a God awful choice as far as I concerned. Giuliani wouldn't case me to cry if he won, and BArack Obama is just to young and unexperienced for my taste, what if an actual catastrophe hit the nation during is his term?

6. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion New Member

I too can't vote, but I would definantly like to see Hilary go all the way!!./..The first woman president....Wow what an achievement!!!....I really think she has what it takes to turn this mess around or do for good.......Thats who I would like to win

7. Lily

Lily New Member

I'm so glad I can vote. I think I should run for president, I'd like to be the first woman president. I think it would be even cooler for an African-American woman to run for president, then you'd get two minorities right there! (Sigh).

8. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Eh? :confused:
    lmao! Help me out here, I'm getting the impression that you're shallow enough just to vote for someone based on the premise of their skin colour and/or gender. Say this isn't so?
    After all, you wouldn't want the reverse discrimination of patronising everyone else NOT of those two demographs by refusing your vote to them now would you? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, do you really think it's justified for some representative of the minority community to gain power in office and then set down policies that the mass majority are expected to follow to humour the minorities? Do you really think that's going to be acceptable realistically? (Unless I'm mistaking the meaning behind your post?)

9. Vroom Vroom Daddy

Vroom Vroom Daddy New Member

I think the election system has become a paradox. Those that would be moral enough to do a good job would be eaten up by the political machine. I like Obama (has nothing to do with race) but I don't think he has the political experience to get things done in the "back room"
    McCain wouldn't be bad but the past has proved that he is to easy a target for his own party. Hard to believe about a former POW.
    Hillary would be a good choice, I bet being married to Bill teaches you a bit about politics, but the GOP hates her with a passion and would pull out all the stops to make her lose. Not to mention she would never get anything done with the republicains so against her.

10. Analog Worms

Analog Worms New Member

Not the lizard queen! :eek:

America doesn't need a feminist in charge.

11. Lily

Lily New Member

Max Vantage, you were indeed getting the wrong impression by my post. I was joking. I will not get into a political debate in this forum. I haven't even brought up my political views or opinions at all - this is lighthearted curiosity, that's it.

12. ItalianStallion

It will definantly be interesting this year.......I guess I just cant wait to get Georgey out of there....
    (sorry to all who like him, no disrepsect intended)

:)

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Paris Hilton? Britney Spears? The Band Metallica? Maybe resurect Bon Scott? (no offense to anyone... :))
    I live in Australia so I shouldn't have much interest. But the likes of Hillary Clinton sounds okay. I'm for a woman to take over... :D anyways... can we have Elmo as our Prime Minister???

14. Myst

Myst Active Member

I'm an Elmoist.

All hail the red one.

15. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

barack obama. I know some think he is to young and inexperienced but i think he has his head in the right direction. Thats who i would vote for if I was an american

16. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Rudy or McCain would be who I lean towards most. I don't agree with either of their views on everything, but more than others who appear to be in the field.

The election is a long way off. I think this primary selection process has started way too early.

Terry

17. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Well slap me with a feather! lol

Umkay. ;)
    Of course I would never take anything seriously about American politics. Any nation that can vote in a clown as president definitely has the greatest sense of humour in the world. :D

Ah, but then again, us Brits have the same sense of humour :D :D

This was a friendly neighbourhood auto-response. Please leave message after the beep.....

18. ItalianStallion

Umkay. ;)
    Of course I would never take anything seriously about American politics. Any nation that can vote in a clown as president definitely has the greatest sense of humour in the world. :D

Ah, but then again, us Brits have the same sense of humour :D :D

This was a friendly neighbourhood auto-response. Please leave message after the beep.....[/QUOTE]

Yea...your right......some how some where some one fucked up......can I get a BUSH!!!! lol

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    This is why I like Giuliani.

I'd like to copy more of the article, but that would take up a lot of space. So read the full article here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/23/wuspols23.xml

20. chase42

chase42 New Member

[​IMG]
    David Palmer for the win!

No really, I'm between McCain and Juliani, but I've got plenty of time to think about it.

21. Laimtoe

Laimtoe New Member

It is so stinking early. Why is this whole campaign starting so damn early? It doesn't make sense. It's too early to post any sort of decision on who I want to vote for. Most of these people will waste all their money by the time the acual primary will start because the campaigns are starting so early.

There's only one thing I know for sure. Hillary Clinton is a bitch. May she rot in hell!

22. ItalianStallion

Well.....I dont know what to say after that one

23. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    How 'bout this:

Larry The Cable Guy Hilary Clinton's Coming To Town Lyrics

You better watch out,
    I think she's a guy,
    I'm not quite sure,
    But somethin ain't right...
    Hilary Clinton's Coming to town
    [ Lyrics found on http://www.metrolyrics.com ]

I'm not a big fan O Hillary either. If I could, I would most likely vote for whoever the Libertarian candidate might be.

24. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Voting is pointless, they are all going to make the same mistakes and cause the same problems so does it really matter who anyone votes for??

Ariella

25. Lily

Lily New Member

Yes, it does. If nobody ever took the responsibility to vote we'd never get anywhere.