1. the anarchist

the anarchist New Member

my story idea

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by the anarchist, May 29, 2011.

so people. Its four in the morning and i had an idea for a book. Already written two novels and im fifteen. working on getting one published as i type this.
    getting on with my idea though. Very basic idea so dont laugh at the lack of detail
    Okay, it's about a teenage boy who is normal, except he's part of a clan bent on destroying the puppeteers, another clan who use their supernatural powers to brainwash people to do their bidding.
    As i said, very basic idea but i think it might be worth a whirl, how about you guys?

2. Protar

Protar Active Member

You'll need a bit more development I think. Why does your MC's clan in particular hate these guys? How did they get these brainwashing powers? What's the genre? It has potential but you'll need to think up all these things and more. Pop over to the plot creation forum for more advice.

3. the anarchist

the anarchist New Member

yeah that's why i said its a basic idea. The clans fight because the puppeteers are manipulative and destructive, and I think I would have to say it would be a YA action adventure book. give me a break though, I haven't slept in forever. thanx by the way

4. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of this post?

5. the anarchist

the anarchist New Member

to see if anyone thought my rough idea was worth pursuing of course

6. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

Why do you need reassurance? I say just write it, because how it's written is what matters the most.

7. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

Yes listen to the above. Cogito has a more elaborate way of saying this, which you might or might not see soon. But the take home message is, any idea is worth persuing if you as a writer feel you can pull it off. It's not the idea, it's the execution.

8. JeffD

JeffD New Member

I like playing Assassins Creed for it's excellent story line. The Knights Templar are manipulative and all and the Assassins are there to stop them and let the people have their free will.

The thing is, is that Assassins Creed uses historical fiction, kind of like what Dan Brown does with the freemasons and illuminati with the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Write it well enough and it will do well. Good luck!

9. the anarchist

the anarchist New Member

thanks guys for the advice. I think I'm going to pursue it, and I greatly appreciate the input. Maybe it's silly to seek reassurance but sometimes I'm just like that. Thanks again.

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

11. Lord Malum

Lord Malum New Member

*clears throat* WRITE!!!