1. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Burping of the lambs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by madhoca, May 27, 2009.

Just had to share this lovely gem with you guys, from The Times Newspaper in the UK. I’d love to know what Kennedy thinks we’re supposed to eat in Turkey--we don’t have the conditions to raise beef, but sheep can be kept more or less anywhere. I guess it’s the veggie police on to us… But what about the er… problem with beans?

Burping of the lambs blows roast off menu

GIVE up lamb roasts and save the planet. Government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out “high carbon” food such as meat from sheep, whose burping poses a serious threat to the environment.

Out will go kebabs, greenhouse tomatoes and alcohol. Instead, diners will be encouraged to consume more potatoes and seasonal vegetables, as well as pork and chicken, which generate fewer carbon emissions.

“Changing our lifestyles, including our diets, is going to be one of the crucial elements in cutting carbon emissions,” said David Kennedy, chief executive of the Committee on Climate Change.

Kennedy has stopped eating his favourite doner kebabs because they contain lamb.

2. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Haha I heard about this too - save the planet, don't eat meat...or booze...I have a sneaking suspicion this will not work. :)

3. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

must..resist.. silence of the lambs.. pun.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Instead, fit the sheep with emission control converters that filter the threatening emissions in a secondary catalytic combustion phase.

In short, the sheep cat converter.

5. sophie.

sophie. New Member

^lol :d