1. Teladan

Teladan Contributor Contributor

Oldenword Book Reviews

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Teladan, Dec 17, 2020.

If watching introverted, bearded Scotsmen review and read excerpts from old fantasy books sounds good to you, you might enjoy Oldenword Books. In all seriousness, the idea for this series of reviews is something I've always wanted to do. I know I can't beat the charismatic extraverts with their beautiful faces and high definition cameras, but I do try to talk with passionate about the books I love. Hell, you might even see me tear up in my first review. I like to think I give precedence to a work's aesthetics and imagery with the themed backgrounds, but really it's just a convenient way to avoid paying an exorbitant amount for a real camera. And you don't need to see my ugly mug pretending to be Diogenes. Right?

I'd appreciate any support at all and I'd be interested in looking at any review channels from other WF users.

Apologies if this is against the rules. Feel free to take it down if so.

Ps. I'll probably expand to non-fantasy classics at some point.

Some examples:

Madman likes this.
  2. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Nothing wrong with your mug, and your Scottish accent makes this as grand as your beard. Will add to my to watch list, even if the genre isn't my favourite.

One note I would give as I watched a short snippet of your latest video is to speak just a little bit louder and clearer if you can.

Otherwise, good going and good luck!

EDIT:
    Try to get rid of "Um's" as well, do what Obama does when he can't think of the next word instantly, take a moment of silence if possible. A silent pause instead of an um is more impactful when speaking, in my humble opinion.

Teladan likes this.
  3. Teladan

Teladan Contributor Contributor

Cheers. I appreciate it. Yeah, we Scots don't really do enunciation, but I'll make more of an effort for my future videos, I promise. Actually you're quite lucky as I'm trying my hardest to avoid falling into my natural dialect. Even the "uhms" would turn into long drawn-out "eehhhs". And every other word would probably be unrecognisable at least to anyone outside of Scotland or the north of England. ;)

Madman likes this.