Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorFitz

DoctorFitz Member

How long would one survive after being skinned alive?

Discussion in 'Research' started by DoctorFitz, Oct 26, 2019.

My MC will torture one of the person he hates the most by skinning her alive in front of her fiance, and pour her wounds with salt before she finally died of shock and blood loss (yeah, this is kinda way too much even for a torturing scene, but MC hates this girl to death)

How long would she survive, given that MC tried to reserve her pain as long as possible?

2. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

By coincidence, I was just talking to one of my exes who is a doctor, and her response was, "sometimes I'm glad we didn't work out."

The_Joker, Hammer and OurJud like this.
  3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

:superlaugh: Response of the week! (yours, not hers)

Hammer likes this.
  4. OurJud

Oh, well. I suppose that makes it all okay then o_O

The_Joker and Catrin Lewis like this.
  5. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Not long. Blood loss, outside temperature, dehydration. Also your brain would know in its own little way that you're about to die - really, like really soon - so you'd black out. So the salt wouldn't make much difference to her. If you want to skin the victim without them dying straightaway, then skin a specific part (interestingly when the Aztecs used to do this they'd start with the face so maybe that's a good place to go).

6. OurJud

That's a very good point... rather like telling someone their entire family has been killed in an earthquake, before following up with, "Oh, I nearly forgot. This parking ticket arrived this morning."

7. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Either you spend far too much time coming up with these responses or you're very quick on your feet - either way, yes exactly like that.

8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

This is the sort of topic where Google is your friend. I would suggest you google the topic to find your answers. I just did:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+long+would+somebody+live+after+being+skinned+alive?

Mod hat on here: This is not the sort of topic that our general membership is going to be able to help you with—we're not likely to have the answers at our fingertips and will likely need to resort to Google ourselves.

We have a precedent of not permitting the extensive discussion of torture methods here on the forum—especially when the discussion is looking for information on the torture itself, rather than discussing how to write the topic. These discussions tend to take on a life of their own.

Consequently, I am closing this thread to further responses, but I wish you well finding the answer you're seeking.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.