1. KRS2273

KRS2273 New Member

Looking for a particular story

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by KRS2273, Apr 8, 2011.

Hey everyone; I have been looking for a particular story; its more of a play script format I remember reading it during middle school years ago and I am certain it gets passed around most of the elementary, middle, and high schools around the country.

The name of it is called Selwick's Little Sweethearts and the plot goes basically that a young girl is mad at her parents for sending her brother to a behavioral academy for misbehaving and playing his drums too much. After an intense fight the parents call the headmaster of the academy Dr. Morton Selwick III. Later on the parents tell the daughter that they will take her to see her brother.

They go see her brother; and the daugher is absolutely shocked by what she sees. Basically she sees all of the students acting like mindless zombies. After her brother gets into a small argument he gets an extreme mysterious headache/migraine.

After eating lunch the daughter falls unconscious and wakes up in a hospital bed. She screams and begs to be let out but each time she does so she gets another extreme headache/migraine. The headmaster then tells her that there is a microchip in her head designed to punish bad behavior through the use of pain and that she will remember nothing of the incident.

Later on we find out that he did the same procedure to the parents as well after they get intense headache after arguing with the headmaster over finances.

Anyone know how I can obtain a copy of this story or if anyone has it? I am working on a novel based off of it and I had found part of an old manuscript I had written; hopefully if I can get the rest of the piece I can work on it a lot more :)

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since nothing like it turns up in a google search, you must be misremembering the title... did you go to school in the us or the uk?

3. KRS2273

KRS2273 New Member

In the US; its possible I could not remember the title correctly. I read it in 7th grade and I really liked it. Unfortunately when I moved I lost some of the old papers and stories I had. I think some old plays won't come up in searches perhaps because they are so minor or just for classroom instruction?? It was passed in my 7th grade language arts class I still remember the name of the teacher too.