1. S Raven

S Raven Member

Short Story With A Twist

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by S Raven, Apr 4, 2015.

Just Found This Online:

A man and his wife had been married for going on fifty years. They shared everything, but the one thing the old man's wife asked him never to do was look in a old shoebox she kept on the top shelf of her closet.
    Not thinking anything of it, the man never asked about its contents. He just figured it was one of those things… One day, when the old woman had fallen ill and didn’t have much longer to live, she called her husband to her hospital bed and told him it was time for him to take a look at the shoebox.
    The old man went home, grabbed the box, and opened it. Inside, there weretwo crocheted dolls and bundles of money totaling $95,000!!

“But…why? How?!” he stuttered, totally mystified by the cash.
    “Right before we got married,” the old woman told her astonished husband,“my grandmother told me the secret to a happy marriage was to never argue. She said if I ever got angry with you, I should keep quiet and crochet a doll.”
    The old man was touched. There were only two dolls in the shoebox – she had only been angry with him two times over the course of their marriage. He scooped his wife up and gave her a kiss.
    “But where did the money come from?” He asked her.
    “Oh, that?” She said with a smile, “that's the money I made from selling the dolls.”

Source: http://www.idealistrevolution.org/this-grandpa-finds-95000-his-wife-hid-for-years-for-an-amazing-reason/