1. nobalance109

nobalance109 New Member

Stuck on my play's ending. Please Help!!!!!! (Especially if you know about Macbeth).

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by nobalance109, Feb 27, 2013.

SO I'm almost done a new play I'm writing. It's about a theater doing Macbeth. My whole play is building up to the opening night of the production, and I want this to be the worst production ever, where everything just goes wrong (Kind of like "Inspecting Carol" if anyone's seen that) I'm trying to think of scenes that can go horribly and hilariously wrong, but am falling short. Was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions, the more hilarious, the better.

2. thedarkknight

thedarkknight Member

Witches cauldron - someone gets a plain bag of ice cubes instead of dry ice?

Macbeth's Scottish accent reminds everyone of James Bond / Sean Connery? (Ish dish a dagger whisch I she before me, Moneypenny)

Portraying Banquo's ancestors with actors of severely different ethnic backgrounds?

The actress portraying Lady Macbeth comes from a deeply religious family and keeps improvising "Out, darn spot!", "Have pluckd his boneless gum and I so dashd as you done this."

The director wants to modernize the play and gives it a completely inappropriate setting - New Orleans during Mardi Gras?

Of course, the understudy is being a total PITA and taking up everyone's time with his "interpretations" of what Shakespeare was really trying to get across. ("Did you know the men played the female roles back then.... I mean if anything happens to Lady Macbeth, I have her parts memorized too. Just sayin.,..")

Did you see The Goodbye Girl? Hilarious Shakespeare production of Richard III.