1. Laura wise

Laura wise Member

Does this background make sense

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Laura wise, Feb 13, 2015.

ok so I'm trying to writ a book about vampires and humanity trying to live in coexistence disipe the fact that people on both sides have both fear and hate red for one another. The humans believing the vampires where leaches killing people who the could have easly kept alive and the vampires belive that the humans are attempting to eradicate a race due actions of survieal. Eventually a state of peace is declared. However the people on both sides take it to the extremes causing terrorist attacks. The story follows a male police officer who is a vampire who is forced to turn a teenage boy to safe his life. The story shows what it can be like growing up in a percicuted minority dealing with things such as sudden hatred from family members, religion and even strangers in the street from the point of view of someone who has grown jaded and can block out the abuse however the teenage boys troubles represent the people who are still learning to deal with the abuse. Does this sound intresting? If not I'm welcome to any advice or ideas.

P.s Im sorry for my bad spelling and Gramercy it's currently 1 in the morning.

2. HelloImRex

HelloImRex Senior Member

The background makes sense even though the post is hard to understand. It doesn't really strike me as interesting, but I think it would work as a story. I guess vampires are one of those things that are always almost beat to death, but never completely uninteresting to everyone. In other words I probably don't find it interesting because I never found vampires even slightly interesting. I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way who are not part of a specific demographic making it not matter if anyone finds it interesting on these forums since that demographic is most likely underrepresented here. Who is your target audience?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. Laura wise

Laura wise Member

My target Audince is pretty exclusively teenagers.
    And yes I can see why people wouldn't find it intresting. Even I've grown sick of their constant waste of potential.

4. odolmen

odolmen Member

The vampire axis is indeed a teenage-magnet, and your twist on it does seem to have potential, but I'm worried about the combination of the two. I'm not sure whether or not the theme you are trying to convey would work with this audience. I guess it's all about the way you write it. As a kid I've had my fair share of bullies, yet I always hated stories about victimized characters. I wanted heroes and characters who would, finally, make me feel empowered. One of the traits of being a teenager, sadly, is feeling misunderstood and cast-out, so I'd go at it on tiptoes if I were you, lest you might lose your reader and have them coil back in self-pity. (crouched all dressed up under the shower crying, or whatever it is kids do these days)

5. Boger

Boger Senior Member

Kick ass!

6. odolmen

odolmen Member

Reading suggestion or simple assessment? Whichever, spot on, sir.

Boger likes this.
  7. Boger

Boger Senior Member

I mean Kick-Ass!

kfmiller likes this.
  8. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Yes, it makes sense to me - or what I could understand of it anyway.

Always make it make sense, even if you are writing for teenagers. Teenagers can be very smart, and can notice things like that - and often they don't like to be talked down to or have it assumed that because they are young they are ignorant. No one likes that, regardless of age.

Mike Hill likes this.