1. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

Wishing to read other people's progress.

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Draconzis, Jun 1, 2014.

I am wanting to read other writer's story progress, to put it plain and simple. I will give the writer my opinion on their progress, and maybe make some suggestions and/or criticism.
    Why am I asking for this, you may ask? Well, I like to create stories and other people's work sometimes gives me ideas to contribute to my stories. No, I do not intend to copy or steal your work. The ideas mostly are just minor or gets change around to become almost original. You would not even notice it came from a certain source else even in I pointed out to you. Also, I'm not really that much of a writer. I like to create stories, but not necessarily put it into "book form", as I like to call it.
    So if you are interested in me doing a little "review" of your progress, just contact me.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

But wouldn't library books be good for this?

3. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Maybe the Workshop on this site, too. There you can read and critique others' progress to your heart's content.

Local writers' groups can be good, too. At least so I've heard-- my RL work schedule prevents me from joining one!

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i also have to wonder why library books wouldn't suffice and why you'd want to 'review' the progress of unpublished writers... sounds a little fishy to me, but i'm naturally skeptical...

5. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

I want to read something incomplete, not finished, if that answers your question.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

why?

7. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

First, you say you are looking for ideas. But the fact that you are seeking incomplete works belies that, as an incomplete work would show not only the idea, but how the idea was implemented. You also say that you would review a writer's progress and give your opinions. Two different aims.

You're not by any chance related to a certain Nigerian prince I once heard about, are you?