1. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Beta Reading Fantasy, Ch1 [6580]

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Lifeline, Nov 18, 2015.

Looking for 1/2 Beta(s). Searching for someone to give general critique. Can offer also critique in exchange.

Reason for edit:
    So I've read some crit-posts in here regarding the search for Betas and I can only conclude that I will need more time to go about it the right way. Wait a bit, hang around a bit more and just enjoy writing. Anyone can approach me, still.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. ToDandy

ToDandy Senior Member

You might have more luck if you post a bit more about the novel. A brief synopsis, the genre, target audience (age group) exc. This will not only help to get people interested but will also find you a beta reader more suited the the story and audience.

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions. At the start this post was a lot more expanded. I did just as you say, and included all the requested information.

Being puzzled about the lack of response (and wondering what I did wrong) I read old pertinent threads and found advice along the general lines of "you have to ask people directly, else they will not respond". I am not one to start conversations to get something out of it beside enjoyment, (and was quite a bit miffed with the principle alone), so in an immature and impatient fit culled my above post to what it now is and resolved to wait.

I have now one Alpha and two Betas but they didn't arrive at my message-box after reading this then-a-lot-expanded introduction. One came by from my journal, the other from just talking in conversations. That is as it should be in my opinion.

:twisted: And I get good critiques :twisted: !! Apparently I can make my readers care about my characters and build up a good tension arc besides too :twisted:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015