1. Ruben

Ruben New Member

Fantasy novel ideas

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Ruben, Apr 26, 2010.

So I want to write a fantasy novel, and the great/crappy thing about my vivid imagination is that I have so many ideas to chose from. I have one so far that I have fleshed out a plot for If you could all give me your opinions, thoughts, comments, queries, or random outbursts, that would be super! It'll be in point form because I'm tired and don't feel like writing four paragraphs. Tomorrow I can provide more details. Thanks again.

1.) twin brothers live in village (not our world)
    village is attacked, one brother dies
    death sends him back (but still kind of dead) as his agent
    brother still trusts him; village does not casts them out
    brother becomes part of a wizard council they don't let him in because they don't trust him ghosts of older order teach him secretly
    brother knows still trusts him novel about their hardships

As I said, there is still a lot more that I have yet to discuss, but I'll talk about that tomorrow. Sorry if this is too vague.
    Ruben

Sorry, didn't notice that post about themes, story-lines, and plots. My bad! lol.
    Ruben

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

3. Ruben

Ruben New Member

Good idea! Thanks.
    Ruben