1. TheDarkWriter

TheDarkWriter Active Member

Torn between theme ideas...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TheDarkWriter, Mar 4, 2013.

I've been planning a fairy tale theme for my story but I'm also contemplating a very dark vampire gothic theme. What seems better? With the fairy tale theme there is a lot of magic and species the only difference is that there's less attention to the fairy tales if I go with the darker theme which might not be a bad thing. I'm thinking about doing both because the fairy tale thing can only carry a story so far and so can vampires so the two may very well balance each other out. What are your thoughts?

2. Xatron

Xatron New Member

If you can mix them well enough then do so. I personally would not read a book themed "fairies and vampires" though. If one is good and the other is good, it doesn't mean they are good together. I like bubblegum ice cream, i also like pork chops. Doesn't mean i order pork chops with ice cream.

3. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

I agree with Xatron, Mix them well if you can. You probably could. I mean, you don't know need to stick to one specific theme...the best stories always mix themes together imo.