1. skilledwriter87

skilledwriter87 New Member

How to send your articles to an online international dating blog?

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by skilledwriter87, Jun 27, 2018.

I’m an aspiring writer and a few days ago, my girlfriend and I broke up. I’ve been writing my emotions since then and now I want to make use of my pain as a tool to help others going through the same situation as me. I tried searching multiple online international dating blogs who were accepting articles from writers or to even let me join their team of writers but I haven’t found any. Can anyone help me out with this?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

You can't make anybody accept your work. You can only look up their guidance about sending articles and then follow said guidance. If there is no guidance then they don't accept unsolicited work.

3. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

You might want to try the Modern Love column in The New York Times. Once a week they run a true love story. And I have seen breakup stories and such there. I suggest reading a few online and then trying to write something similar. Reading a few will definitely give you an idea of what they look for and how most of the essays are constructed. They are a bit of a creature of habit when it comes to this column. Structure is always pretty standard and I've never read something in Modern Love that I would consider all that experimental. Also, I don't think the guidelines have a word limit, but check the word count on a few and try to stay close to that as well. All the ones I've read have been pretty similar in length. I have been reading Modern Love for many years. It's probably one of the best parts of The New York Times. It would be much better for your writing and your wallet to get a piece in with them. Competition is really tough but so are breakups. If you are fueled by heartache and ambition, you might just have what it takes. Good luck.