Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prettyroser

Prettyroser New Member

Short Story Best short story posted on this site?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Prettyroser, Mar 30, 2009.

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post something like this, but I was just curious what in everyone's opinions have been the top five best short stories posted on this site! I'm curious who are the finest upcoming writers here in people's opinions.

Also if you vote on the top five please give one little sentence why for each!

Thanks!

2. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

I don't think it is possible to pin point only five, as the best stories on the site. For one thing, each writer has their own writing style. Secondly, each has different inspiration and out look. Third, there are a LOT of talented people on this site.

If you want to get an idea of the diversity, check out the Weekly Short Story Contest archives. There are an abundance of creative, well written stories there. But there are also a lot of good works, floating throughout the forum.

3. Prettyroser

Prettyroser New Member

Nice

Ahh cool that's a good idea. That's kinda the answer I wanted. Thanks :)

4. Castlesofsand

Castlesofsand Banned

I believe this is, for its complexity of tellings. It is not a common way of pov because to do it correctly is very difficult. Sadly I believe this individual has moved on but still her story is merited a read to learn how its done.

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=7893

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This thread is really a bad idea, and similar threads have been closed in the past. People may very well have their own favorites, human nature being what it is, but lets limit the competitive spirit to the contests.

The Review Room, in particular, discourages applying ratings. The porpose there is to cooperate to attempt to improve writing skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.