1. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

You know what I love about this forum?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CDRW, Jun 4, 2009.

Stories, poems, and other cool stuff aside, it's pretty much the only place on teh internetz where you can have something approximating a real conversation. I blame it on the fact that for us writing is pretty much the same thing as talking. It's like we're, you know, comfortable communicating without sound or pictures.

But here's the best part. You can talk and talk as much as you want and nobody can interrupt you. Sure, they can call you stupid as much as they want, but at least you can ensure they hear you out before they do it. :D It's like the power of filibuster has been passed on down to the people, except it's been stripped of its crippling, time-consuming nature.

And you know what else is cool? If you get it wrong, you can go back and unsay it, as long as you haven't said it yet of course. :p But you can go back and change it as many times as you want until you look like a friggen genius! Gone are the days when people think you're stupid because you can't think on your feet.

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I agree. My favourite thing about this forum is the fact that it's fairly small and (for the most part) generally full of very kind members who seem to know each other and accept new friends pretty well, too. :)
    We all have a common interest in writing, and because of that, I think that a lot of us also have a common interest in learning (is it just me, or do those two things generally go hand-in-hand?), so it's nice to have intelligent conversation, but, yeah, I also like not having to think on my feet. I can rewrite my response so it's... right.

It's just a very nice place to be.

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

This is where I slack off when I'm at work. It's been a long time since I posted any real writing.

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Same here. I come on here because it's nice being able to have intelligent conversation with people instead of just sitting on my couch watching MTV all day on my days off and losing brain cells.

Plus the people are cool. I guess. :p

5. rory

rory Active Member

I was think along the same lines, CDRW.
    This is probably the most mature forum I've ever been a part of. We can (usually ;)) discuss some pretty controversial topics and nobody gets killed! I love it! I can never understand how people lose their tempers on a forum. Nobody is making you reply, you can walk away, and reply later, or not at all. And I think everyone here is really good at that. I've been on forums that get so out of hand I'm embarrassed to admit I'm a member. But not here! And yeah, the conversation is great. People ask meaningful, thought provoking questions and people reply likewise. It truly is a great place to be, which s probably why it takes up so much of my time, free or otherwise :D

6. Unsavory

Unsavory Active Member

If I'm here, it means I'm not working on my writing when I could be, so I guess it has its ups and downs. As far as the community goes, it's not the first I've seen that lends itself to intelligent discussion. In fact, I find this place a bit daunting. There's so many members that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle and difficult to form personal connections with anyone.