1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Amazon collection point

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OurJud, Jun 2, 2018.

I usually have my amazon orders delivered to my folk's house (as my postman has a tendency to keep my parcels for himself) but while I was in my local Nisa store earlier (located not three-minutes away) I noticed they had one of those Amazon collection point locker things in there. So when I got back I decided to give it a try by ordering a cheap book. Never having used it, and unable to find any delivery reference for these collection points at checkout, I used their help chat service to ask the question. Turns out it's as simple as adding the store's address as your delivery address, and then waiting for an email with the locker code once it's been delivered.

However, I bought the book used from one of the market sellers rather than direct from Amazon, and now find myself wondering how it's all going to work. For instance, how will the seller know he's delivering it to one of these collection points rather than a regular resindental address? And how will he know he has to send me the code for the locker? For that matter, how does the seller even obtain this lock code?

During my chat with help at Amazon I didn't stress I was buying it from a market seller, but nor did they tell me the service was only available when ordering direct from Amazon.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

When I go to my shopping cart and start to check out, the Shipping Address page has a "Your Pickup Locations" section where I can choose a locker thing. Did you enter the address that way, or did you hand-type it as if you had moved there? If you entered it that way, I would assume that the Amazon software would tell the merchant exactly what to do. If you hand-typed it, yeah, I'm not sure either.

OurJud likes this.
  3. OurJud

The latter, unfortunately. I made the mistake of trusting the person I ‘chatted’ with on amazon help, when I should have looked into it a little more. I’ve done that now and discovered what you’ve just described, but it’s too late. No point contacting the seller either cos he’s already dispatched the order.

Just have to see what happens.

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I'd contact the seller anyway; they may know how to deal with the issue, and it might be useful to give them a chance before the order arrives.

OurJud likes this.
  5. OurJud

Spoke to amazon help again and they explained the locker system is only available for orders ‘fulfilled’ by amazon. I was assured the order would still be delivered to the store and I could pick it from there. I assume the shop-keeper will just hold it for me until I go in with some ID and collect it.