Tags:
  1. Glumbo12

Glumbo12 New Member

Currently Reading::
    Neuromancer

Anyone ever had a dream where they thought it was a pretty cool story?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Glumbo12, Sep 4, 2021.

I remember having this one dream, (it's a little faint by now) that had me ending up getting mixed up with this group of professional criminals with spec ops training and like military weaponry and stuff. From what I can recall I think we were robbers or something and we ended up doing a lot of morally questionable things. Then eventually the leader guy, ( a REALLY messed up dude) gets the gang convinced to help him go on this revenge quest to get some bureaucrat that wronged him in some former job (I don't remember what he was since it was a dream my brain probably didn't care to establish a backstory). Well eventually things start going sideways like any other generic "consumed by revenge and violence" story and most of the guys either quit, were injured or killed. But we eventually found the guy the leader was looking for and we end up staking out near this bureaucrat's expensive gated community home. By now me and the other members of the gang were starting to question our own actions and our leader's descent into obsession. Not to mention we were very tired and low on money from all the running and fighting. So we were sort of reluctant do this one last job to hit this guy at his house especially since most of us had never actually killed anyone. So what happens is a few guys alongside the leader raid this guy's house (for some weird reason it's done while the guy is celebrating his daughter's birthday) while I stay outside with someone else as lookouts. Things end up getting way out of hand, the our leader guy turns on his men after they show refusal to kill the family. So thing end up with the leader holding the bureaucrat's daughter at gunpoint and going on with those generic movie betrayed soldier revenge monologue and I decide to run in and shoot him. Afterwards I jump out a window and run away as I see government cars being to roll up on the road. Then I wake up.

Please share any cool dream stories you have I'd love to read them!

AntPoems likes this.
  2. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

that would be a good film.

I had a dream where Warsaw Pact soldiers in ushankas were chasing me on motorcycles around my hometown. I had a motorcycle too, and they ended up chasing me down the street where my aunt used to live. There was a barracks across the street from her house, and as I rode past on my James Dean motorcycle more soldiers ran out the door. They got on motorcycles too, and then I pulled some mariokart shit and went straight down the scrubby hillside to my old elementary school. There was a big chrome W in the field that was shooting purple lightning across the grass. The lightning was blocking my path. Then I woke up.

3. Glumbo12

Glumbo12 New Member

Neuromancer
    YO that big W shooting lighting sounds like an awesome thing to dream about!

4. Chromewriter

Chromewriter Contributor Contributor

That's some detailed dream wtf. Mine is usually very specific scenes and don't last as long as a story. I still remember one though:

I was walking down a dark pathway next to my school, there was a bunch of chavs hanging around the metal obstructions on walkways (no idea what they are called and can't find pictures on google either). But anyway they started to harrass me and I realised I had become decrepit and old and I was holding a walking stick. They shoved me and I felt such an intense amount of fear that I honestly have never felt in a dream before or since. I was in this continuous falling down state and it was horrifying.

Not really much of a story, but a small scene that has lasted a very long time in my memory.

5. AntPoems

AntPoems Contributor Contributor

Dreams can be a great inspiration! I've had a few very cinematic story dreams, and so far I've turned two of them into actual short stories and have plenty of notes that might get used later. And that's not even counting all the great ideas I've had in that half-awake state just before drifting off. Keep a notepad by your bed, writers! It'll come in handy!

Glumbo12 and Xoic like this.
  6. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

I've had tons of dreams that could be made into stories. I once dreamt that I was chased by a cult in a modern setting. The cult wore red robes and had face masks resembling a non-gendered human face with a blank expression. I managed, together with a female accomplice, to kill two cult members. Then we dressed in their robes and infiltrated the cult headquarters and executed the cult leader that was after me.

Glumbo12 and AntPoems like this.
  7. Glumbo12

Glumbo12 New Member

Neuromancer
    I've had a lot of detailed dreams but as you mention usually you have specific scenes. More often than not I think I too just have these specific scenes, like infinitely waking up in bizarre reinterpretations of my childhood home. I remember once I woke up in the black of night and I was young child. It was a really stormy outside and lightening flashed through the blinds. Then I saw this silhouette of this little creature that just like your dream gave me an intense amount of fear to see. Funnily enough it revealed itself to by my dog as a puppy. Then I woke up again, and it was the same place but at sunrise, it was very quiet, still and tranquil. The place emanated the nostalgia of old childhood Christmas mornings with decorations adorning the tables and walls. There was also a Christmas tree in the corner of the living room. I just remember it being so peaceful and such a stark contrast to the previous dream. After that I can't really remember much but I do remember waking more times after that.