1. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

Appreciating other WF writers right now

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Hubardo, Jun 19, 2015.

I just wanted to express appreciation for other writers on this forum. That doesn't mean published, it just means people who write. It's difficult to find other writers in the real world. This week, I've discovered that when you click on somebody's profile, there's a Workshop Entries tab. Although I've been on this forum for over a year, I didn't realize how easy it was to see what work others have submitted for critique. This has been really exciting. I've been on a bit of a spree with this. Every time I read a post I think is clever, funny, insightful, heartfelt -- generally well written -- I see if somebody has submitted to the Workshop. I find it's a great way to get to know others on the forum in a more intimate way. I'm falling in love with reading what others are writing, whether I like what they've written or not. To reiterate: I'm feeling lots of appreciation for other people who dabble in creative writing. It's really, really awesome.

Okay done. Thanks for reading.

2. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

You drunk again, @Hubardo? :p

3. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

One of these days I'm going to post some of my work in the Workshop. One of these days...

Lemex likes this.
  4. Woof

Woof Senior Member

@Hubardo I know what you mean. I haven't read my magazine yet this month 'cause I've been too busy nosying around here and reading stuff instead!

Hubardo likes this.
  5. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

There is certainly a lot of talent here, Hubardo :)

GingerCoffee likes this.
  6. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

DO IT

7. drifter265

drifter265 Banned

Hmm, you learn something new every day. I didn't know you could do that on here. I think I'm going to start doing that now, just when I need to get inspired or something, and see all the work that's out there.

Hubardo likes this.
  8. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

Ohh woah! Just checked out my profile page and discovered how old it is. Haven't posted anything since 2011 - I lost the ability to view this site when it upgraded for about two years. Now I've just been staring at photos of my book covers that are three years old and have mostly been upgraded.

It's embarrasing. I may have to do some uploading!

Cheers, Greg.

Hubardo likes this.
  9. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

I just want to second your feelings, Hubardo. I want to focus on creative writing, but I have done much real-life politicking and posting in the past and am trying to wean myself off it. Thanks to all who have shared in the encouragement for myself. Police believe alcohol was a factor in this post, but that doesn't negate its sincerity.

Hubardo and GingerCoffee like this.