1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

X Factor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, Dec 13, 2009.

It was the X Factor finals tonight and Joe has been crowned the winner with Olly as a close seccond.

What do you think and did you want Olly or Joe to win?

Fantasy Girl xx

2. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

I think it's reducing our society to a group of celebrity-obsessed fashion slaves, if I'm honest ;)

I couldn't care less about any talent shows, not when people only watch them to see the judges throwing their best insults at each other.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Particularly when they don't have enough talent to fill an eggcup, on these shows.

4. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

I watch X Factor, & yes, it's an easy show to dislike. But, a lot of the contestants are talented, & just because they've chosen to take this route to 'stardom' doesn't make them any less talented.
    Leona Lewis has a voice to rival Mariah Careys, but lots of people don't recognise this because they can't see past the stigma of being on the X Factor.
    && I think Joe will have an amazing career aswell, but just hope people give him a chance.
    Why does it make a difference what television show they've been on if they are talented and professional & can produce good music?
    x

5. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

It's the way these things always seem to have some sort of cult associated with them, solely devoted to the politics of the celebrities rather than any talent the contestants have to offer, that annoys me.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

It's nothing to do with them being on TV. They all sound the same. Personally, I thought the lot of them were terribly bland. Even Leona Lewis is, as you yourself said, essentially Mariah Carey. My quarrel isn't with the program as such, but rather the crushing unoriginality.

7. NyeLew

NyeLew New Member

I liked Joe. He was nice and quite talented. I'm glad he won, though!