1. DNEALREALDEAL

DNEALREALDEAL New Member

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DNEALREALDEAL, May 23, 2018.

My name's Darren, I'm an amateur in writing. I've recently started outlining my own stories to help with my musical block. I wanted to make music to have a connection to a feeling, or at least a context, so I've been thinking "What sounds would go with a scene involving this or that". I've never fascinated about writing when I was younger, but now I'm obsessed with developing original characters and creating worlds. It started with table-top role playing games with my roommates as a DM and it had an impression on me I couldn't dismiss.

I'll post about my story outlines in another thread, but I signed up for writing help, which I'm sure a lot of you have as well, and to try to give my perspective on ideas to others as well. I believe helping others in their creative endeavors will help my thought process in writing as well. If it doesn't work out that way, then that would be a lesson in of itself.

I'm 27, living in Colorado Springs, born in Bayreuth Germany to a German mother and Black father from Brooklyn while enlisted in the army. Being an army brat led me to become independent emotionally. I have a habit of isolating myself in favor of indulging in my hobbies rather than people's company. I'm aware socializing is something I need to work on, but I'm not as shy as I used to be.

I'll stop here, any more info would be oversharing since it's an introduction.

2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Heyo, welcome to the forumo, bro. You've come to the best forum for socializing and more importantly, writing. The best part? No need to take my word for it, just hop in and swim.

Enjoy your time here.

3. grannyjay

grannyjay New Member

Hi. New here too.

One of my favorite quotes: I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone. -Lord Byron

Some Guy likes this.
  4. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Welcome @DNEALREALDEAL and @grannyjay! I'm sure you'll like it around here! :)

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

DEAL!
    welcome aboard from another new people-thing!
    go everywhere and read everything, there are places you can write anything.
    woohoo! we are legion!