1. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Let's Talk Cars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LibbyAnn, Jun 27, 2008.

What do you have? Do you like it? What is your dream car?

I'll answer my own questions!

I have a 2007 Mustang GT...It's silver. And I love it to pieces! I do wish it was easier to get a carseat in, though. Husband wishes it was a standard, but I can't drive those too well ;) Hubby has a 2002 Ford F-150. I think it's white, but it's so dirty right now that you can't tell! :p I hate it because I feel like it's huge. And I can't park it well.

Dream "mom" car is a Lexus RX 09...Non-mom dream car is a Shelby GT 500 :D

2. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Yellow 70's volkswagen beetle. I love beetles, and yellow is my favorite car color.

3. Zandiir

Zandiir New Member

Wow LibbyAnn, I'm jealous of your Mustang, haha. The current car I have right now, is a '96 Crown Victoria. But my dream car is a Viper. *grin*

Most of the smaller dream cars that I always liked, I wouldn't be able to drive due to my height. I'm 6'5'', so it's a bit difficult to fit in some cars. But oh well.

-Zandiir

4. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

My car (which really isn't mine but available nearly any time I want to use it) is a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta. I usually refer to it as 'The Jet', especially when I'm wearing aviators. I'd really like to get a Subaru Impreza WRX STI at some point.

5. Vertz

Vertz New Member

I drive my parents' silver '04 Honda Odyssey >_< Lots of fun playing heavy metal in that car.

Given the chance, I'd get a silver Mercedes-Benz SLK :p At the moment, a motorcycle is looking pretty nice for mileage reasons....

6. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I drive a white '89 Ford Bronco. It's a gas guzzler, but it's fun to drive!

My dream car though is a '72 Dodge Challenger. *googley eyes*

7. MountainBiker

MountainBiker New Member

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited (had to get the Limited to get a power driver's seat). It's great on the road—especially after the addition of a K & N replacement air filter (about 6 more horsepower!) and just as fun off the road. I don't even have to let some air out of the tires to go through deep, sugary sand, and I can fold down the rear seats and put my bike in the back, so I don't need a bike carrier. Of course it's blue.

If I didn't have this one, I would have a two door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (it's the stretched out version).

I guess my 'dream car' would have to be a Ford/AC Shelby Cobra. Remember those little sports cars with 289s and 427s under the hood? (Usually blue with white stripes) That's the one. I would go for the 289. I think that's the greatest sports car ever made! :)

8. Crim50n

Crim50n New Member

Yesteday I've seen a black Chrysler Crossfire on a street... Awsome car.
    I don't have a car yet but I gues I'd buy Subaru Impreza.

9. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Our cars, well our investment car is a 1998 Holden commodore GTS HSV. It's a blackish blue colour and is very sleek looking if you looking up motostock deviantart. You'll see it there. My car is a 2002 model Subaru liberty heitage. I love the black leather seat a very flash little car. Our work car is a crappy Ford falcon station wagon.

My dream car

[​IMG]

Toyota Supra Vroom vrooom, my brother and I have a bet where if one of us win the lotto we get one each. Then see if either one of us can live over two weeks, with the car still in tact LOL

10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I was lucky enought to create my dream car. My dad and I did old-school hot rods when we lived in Florida. This is my little girl...

So pretty!

[​IMG]

Lookin' good from the front to the back.

[​IMG]

Don't let her fool you! Miss Thing got some stuff! :D

[​IMG]

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Squuueee I want it!

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I don't have a car anymore. But I use my brothers VY Commodore, 2003 model. It is an ex pursuit vehicle. It has the sweetest sound system in it. Otherwise I drive a 92 model lexen hunk of junk. My car was a VK commodore, she was the greatest hunk of junk ever though. Many roads trips that car took me and my friend on, and we really had a lot of fun adventures in it. HEHEHE! Scared so many people :p lol

My dream car is a a LT and LC GTR XU-1 Torana. Both absolute dream machines. I would sell my soul to own either. Preferrably the LC, but I'd be just as happy with either one to be perfectly honest. Just I'd never let my children in it. EVER!

13. Torana

Wrey, she is a pure beauty! Definitely a car to be proud of owning that is for sure!

14. Wreybies

Thank You! I love her. What I love even more is when my str8 guy friends come over and find me working on her. They have no idea what to make of their gay friend talking about adjusting a Holly double pumper. :D

I'm all like, "That's right! I built this baby. Now who's the man?" :D

15. Torana

LOL Wrey. I love it when people react like that. It's like when I was fixing the transmission on my old car. Or helping out with fixing the cars around the place, people are all standing there o_O cause I'm getting covered in oil and grease and haven a blast. :D So much fun. It'd be awesome to rebuild a car. But my dad don't have the time to teach me now.

16. Wreybies

It a very fun process! And old-school is the best! I know that the new-school cars have all kinds of horse power and high end torque, but they just don't have the sound and feel of the old-school cars. When I feel that engine come to life, and she's rumbling at frequencies that are felt more than heard, it is pure delight. I always crack the biggest smile when someone new is riding shotgun. The always snap a look of shock as if someone had goosed them in the naughty bits. That's priceless! :D

17. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Nope if i was going for a Torana I'd be all for the SLR

18. Torana

I totally agree with you Wrey. I am obsessed with older cars. My bro was doing up a Kingswood. Oh she is a mean machine that one. His VY was his woman and his Kingswood was his baby. She isn't fully rebuilt yet. She is still in pieces. But will be done eventually. Oh my gosh she sounds so amazing though. I love older cars, the old American muscle cars are some of the greatest cars ever built.

19. Torana

They aren't too bad. But I love the GTR's. I have driven an SLR and had the chance to buy one not long ago. I was gonna. But I still wouldn't wwant my kids in it and so I turned it down. If it were the GTR I'd never turn it down...not like the first time. <cries and punches self in the head>

20. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

You're completely mad who could refuse this puppy

[​IMG]

21. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Mine is a 2006 Saturn Ion Red Line. It dances nimbly through tight traffic, and leaps ahead to match the traffic low when taking on-ramps to major highways.

MyCar.jpg

22. Torana

Gloom I couldn't. But the one I was going to get was not in the best of condition and required a lot of work. Now I would have been more than happy to put all the time and money into the car. But I had to prioritise. I am a mother of two, and spending the money on the car would be taking away from my children. All I need is a reliable car to get us where we need to go. Nothing flash, just a simple car that will get us from a to b and back again.

I have priorities, and they are my family. Not an image. It is why I'd never get a Torana. Because it is an image vehicle, not a family vehicle. So I guess I am saying that I could actually pass up on it. Even a GTR...I guess it is the maternal side of me kicking in.

23. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

My dad has a black Ford Focus Estate verson, in Titanium or something. Ir is ok, but it looks kinda like a hurse as my nana pointed out 'cos it is really long. Also, the back windows where we sit are blacked out so it always looks cloudy and I like the sun.

If I could have any car in the world, it would definatly be a Bugatti Veyron. Ok, I would be killing the planet with something daft like 20 miles a gallon, but I want one.

24. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

My mom has a white convertible Crossfire. :D:cool:

25. Firefly

Firefly Member

We have a red 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. It's pretty cool.

We used to have an ancient white Ford Aerostar (I forget what year it was). It was like a tank! Nothing could kill it. Even after like 10 years (maybe even longer), it was still going.

My dream car would be another Ford Aerostar. Too bad they don't make them anymore. Then again, what do I know about cars? I'll probably have my dad come with me to pick out a car when I need to get one, 'cause I'm hopeless.

Or maybe I'll get a Hummer... :p That would be cool, but they're so expensive.