1. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Legends on Truth Seeking/Memory Retreval Devices

Discussion in 'Research' started by lilix morgan, May 8, 2011.

I wanted to ask if anyone saw or has previously read on mythical creatures who may have owned a memory device, one that could recall all your memories you'd lost through time, age, trauma, etc. Has anyone read anything like this?

2. Earlychop

Earlychop Member

Nope, and may I say that is a very interesting idea.

I imagine such a device being use to torment. Though, it could be used as a narrative devise. I likey go girl!

3. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Mythical? Pfff...We have such devices in real life. :) Diaries, campcorders, and the internet capture memories. :D

Just think of how to convert them to your world. The internet could be an all-seeing oracle. Youtube could the junkyard the oracle uses to store al those memories people record. :)

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Member

Hmm, yeah, didn't even think about that yet. Some people look at the pictures on their digital camera to find out what they did the evening before, and are frequently surprised.

I didn't do that? Did I?

Oh yes, you did.

5. Leatherworth Featherfist

Leatherworth Featherfist New Member

The only creature I can think of is the ghost of Christmas past. That's not very helpful.

I like the idea of what you're asking. When I read it I got an instant image in my mind of dark creature, who has lost his mind, and he is constantly looking for it.

6. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

You have a good point. I've been known to skim through some of my older photos just to recall what happened that day or night before.

I asked mainly because I wanted to see if any myths or legends had it that a character owned such a thing (think King Arthur's sword, if you get what I mean). But even after I tore into so many different religious histories, I found nothing.

7. MidnightPhoenix

MidnightPhoenix New Member

There lots of mythical creatures, I went to this web site to get mine.
    http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Llamhigyn+Y+Dwr
    It has things, as i list some down below. I don't know, if this is what u mean?

1)
    Llamhigyn Y Dwr
    Water LeaperA Llamhigyn Y Dwr, commonly referred to as a 'water leaper', is a Welsh monster of ponds, swamps and lakes. It is amphibious, having the limbless body of a frog, a long lizard tail and membrane wings resembling those of a bat. It gets its nickname by the way it uses its wings to leap out the water and glide forth. It swims very much like a tadpole using its lizard tail.

It is carnivorous, making it a pest among fisherman communities. It causes trouble by snapping fishing lines, eating livestock and even sometimes attacking humans.

2)
    The wendigo - "The spirit of the lonely places" - is a cannibalistic spirit in Algonquin (a native American tribe) mythology. It is said that a human can change into a wendigo when they indulge in cannibalism, or that a wendigo can possess a human. Some sources say that the possession causes the transformation, while some say that being bitten by one can cause it.
    Some people think that it is another version of the Bigfoot myth, but it seems a bit more complex than that.
    While hunting, the wendigo follows its prey, always just out of sight, until it gets a chance to pounce.
    The name Wendigo seems to be popular, I had trouble finding anything besides camps golf clubs and bands.
    As for appearance, it is quite often described as a tall thin humanoid creature, sometimes said to be twisted, bloodstained, or fanged. Some say that it is a spirit that inhabits evil men. Also, they are said to have a heart of ice so fire, or melting this heart in some way, is the only way to kill them.

3)
    The Undine
    The undines are the sea faries of ancient Greece, who appeared in the Aegean Sea as seahorses with human faces and the word 'Undine' means wave. Though more frequently they have the appearance of a beautiful human but they lack souls. In Christian tradition the word 'soul' ties in with salvation and damnation - that the undines have no soul means they are outside of human law.

There is many more on the website.
    Sorry, if this is no good :)