Tags:
  1. RainbowWarrior

RainbowWarrior New Member

Names for my Lakota characters

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by RainbowWarrior, Feb 28, 2013.

i have a clan of Lakota's in my series, and ive thought of a few names for the minors, but none for my main Lakota's. my main boy is a bit mean and stubborn when you first see him, and dislikes my main character when she joins the clan. his father is the best warrior in the tribe, and the boy tries to live up to his fathers expectations. you will find out that his mother died in a tragic 'accident' when he was very young, which traumatised him badly, and thats mainly why he's depressed.
    i found that the Lakota naming system has 6 classes. one of his childhood names was 'Chases butterflies', because his mother used to release butterflies into their tipi, but when she died, no one ever called him by that name again.
    his spirit animal is a mountain lion, and he is a very stealthy hunter. his weapon of choice is a bow. once my main character breaks past his depressive barrier, he becomes nicer.
    still have no idea what his main name should be, though...:(

2. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

If you can't think of a name then writing may not be for you...fortunately, you can thinks of names. Plenty of them. You're just looking for the 'perfect' name that matches him. There isn't one. Give him any name you please (provided it's in context) and he'll grow into it. Trust me.

3. Merineliza

Merineliza New Member

You can always try naming websites. Some of the names seem current age names. You can try combining different names. That's how I used to create names. Also, try using words in other languages. :) I hope it helps. :)