1. RemedyOfLiterature

RemedyOfLiterature New Member

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RemedyOfLiterature, Nov 30, 2013.

Hello,

I am new here to this forum. Illustrating characters through tension is the best way to write. I don't always illustrate them the proper way the first time around but that is why it is good to REWRITE. I love writing short stories and I am working on a novel. My main joy is free-writing. I am currently not published, and unfortunately do not have time or resources to take literature classes. Although, I have taken many in the past, I wish one day to have money saved up to enroll in another class. For the time being, I'm hoping I can fill the vacuum of my writing desires here and enjoy reading other's works. Good day to everyone, and thanks to the powers that be for creating such a place.

Mark

2. TessaT

TessaT Senior Member

Welcome to the Forums! If you want to take a writing class, I would suggest enrolling in a local community college. The classes are normally pretty affordable, and depending on where you live, its possible that the college would even cover tuition costs. Also, reading books on writing can be helpful (just remember when you read them that not everything works for everyone; they're only a guide).

What, exactly, do you consider 'free-writing' to be? I've heard this term before, but only in passing.

Anyways, make yourself comfortable and enjoy! :D

3. RemedyOfLiterature

RemedyOfLiterature New Member

Thanks for the advice. There are some community colleges nearby within walking distance, now that you mention it. I will have to look into it. I am really interested in the writing workshop here. I briefly looked over the rules earlier, and will do a more in-depth look at it later. I've got tons of ideas for really compelling tales, and I love giving reviews.

I'm sure free-writing means different things to different people. To me, it means writing non-stop. Sometimes I will touch up on many ideas that I already have. Sometimes it is more outlining or creating outline trees. Sometimes I will find myself writing about ideas that I didn't know I had. :)

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey