1. GypsyToes

GypsyToes New Member

Essay for Job

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by GypsyToes, Dec 29, 2007.

Hi new friends. I am hoping for some guidance. I am wondering what type of format does a professional essay require? My boyfriend is in the process of applying for a job and one of the requirements is an essay on why he would make a good such and such. He came to me (with the assumption that I know a lot about writing..which ultimately I do not, i simply love to write..never said i knew the proper formats and such!) with questions such as, does an essay you're writing for a job application require heading, intro, body, conclusion? Or is it much simpler? I am guessing it requires an intro, body (with three main points), and conclusion.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or examples? Thank you! :D

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

unless the job he's applying for is in the field of education, i think a casual essay is all that's required... that is, he doesn't have to worry about all the rules and regs set forth in the MLA, but only has to write in his own 'voice' and style why he'd be perfect for the job...

3. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

Hi

I would caution you to be sure and use the correct punctuation, and grammar. Pay close attention to this because if it's not written properly, they may assume his writing skills to be less than desirable. Just a tip!