1. miss sunhine

miss sunhine New Member

Organising Your notes?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by miss sunhine, Jan 18, 2012.

Hi everyone! :)

For my book i have to do a lot of research in science and Psychology (not it's not sci-fi) but in quite a few other areas to. And i find that all my research gets muddled up and mixed up so i can't fnd what i need when i want it.
    I don't type my research up as i don't have a printer and writing by hand makes it easier for me to check my facts as i write.
    So does anyone have a way of organizing research and notes, because i always end up fighting with pieces of paper.
    Thank You

2. Deleth

Deleth New Member

Whenever I'm keeping notes as I write (which is ususally when I'm changing something about the story) I keep another word doc open that I just put the date, and the note of what I chaged refrencing the important things it needs to.
    Quick and dirty, but it works for me.

3. jonsnana

jonsnana New Member

In school for research papers (way back when) I found index cards the most useful. I preferred the larger ones that I could write more stuff on and then stuff in an alphabetical file box. The 3x5 ones that come spiral bound would alleviate the chance of losing a piece of paper. It's great if you have to cite sources, since you just make one card for each group of fact from a particular source with the source on one side and the facts on the other side (which is why I like the larger cards.) Good luck with the book.

4. miss sunhine

miss sunhine New Member

ok thank you. that was helpful

5. TheWritingWriter

TheWritingWriter New Member

I have a binder with dividers & everything is organized and categorized. Just create a system that works for you.