1. johann77

johann77 Member

Some where between there and over there, I'm aro

The square game

Discussion in 'Word games' started by johann77, Dec 27, 2012.

The square

This is a game that I have conjured up off the top of my head. I want to see what people think of it. I don't know if this kind of game can be played here.

Here’s how it works:

You create a square of letters and then let others figure out how many words they can get from it. Then they create as many sentences from the words that they create. They can only use the words they create from the square to create any sentence. They can use letters like a and I to connect the words they created to connect them. They can not use words that was not created from the square. They’re not allowed to use words to connect the words, such as : for, and, if , but and so forth unless they created those words from the square.

The object is to make as many words and sentences as possible. There is no winner because this game is for each person to challenge themselves, irrelevant to what outcome others have. Its like playing solitary with a lot of other people playing solitary.

For example, here’s a Square. You use all small letters in the square. No caps. The letters have to be enlarged for people to see them.

utjamnevoplyy
    hevolxbkiizqrp
    asdfjnffsfjifaos
    uunjtxlroamasy

You can make a square as big or small as you like with as many letters as you want. This square is 14 letters across and 4 letters high. 36 letters total. The font size is 24. ( just as an example). The square shouldn’t be bigger than 20 letter by 20 letters. When a square is too big, then it takes longer for people to do. So I suggest no bigger than 20 letters by 20 letters. There’s one square per thread.