1. Davi Mai

Davi Mai Banned

A question for gamers...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Davi Mai, Aug 20, 2020.

Is there a game, that you're convinced you'll like, but you just can't get into? You bought it, maybe in a Steam sale. You watch other's play it on youtube, it looks amazing and you want to dive in deep and play.. But when you do, for some reason you just can't get into it. So you "exit to desktop". Then come back to it a couple of month's later, vowing that you'll give it a real shot this time...but.... rinse and repeat.

Mine is Endless Space 2. I really want to love it, and its beautifully crafted and respected as one of the best 4X games around. And yet....It gets an hour from me very few months. Sigh

What's yours?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Silent Hunter III
    It is a great game. I just don't want to devote hours and hours to a submarine simulator.

Davi Mai likes this.
  3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Red Dead Redemption II. I thought R* would have learned how to do a proper first-person perspective after GTA 5, but they haven't.

Oh, and a quick pointer @Davi Mai. I'm not a mod so maybe not my place to be saying so, but the forum has already existing threads that most of your recent ones could have been posted to.

Davi Mai likes this.
  4. Platina

Platina Member

Quite a bit, actually. Kingdom Hearts; I rented the first game, but found it to be boring. Metal Gear series, I'm no good at stealth games...and I guess the DragonQuest series, but it just didn't grab my attention long enough. There's others, but I can't remember what they are at this time.

Now I don't know if you were talking series, or a game in particular, but those are the ones that came to mind. Sorry.

Davi Mai likes this.
  5. Kstaraga

Kstaraga Active Member

Valkyrie Profile II
    I bought it (never played the first one), and it was fun, but I simply couldn't get past this one part. I lost interest after a point and didn't stay too engaged with it.

I can say the same about a Prince of Persia game a guy friend loaned me once.

Another is Dragon Nest . It's always so much fun for a while, but the game has so much stuff that I guess I feel overwhelmed with it after a while (some parts are difficult without paying actual money and storage space runs low) and then totally forget about playing it.