1. Samunderthelights

Samunderthelights Active Member

Hi!! =D

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Samunderthelights, Jan 29, 2017.

Hi everyone!!

I'm Sam, I am 24 years old, and I am from The Netherlands. So my apologies is my English isn't perfect!!

I've been writing stories since I was about 11 years old. But when I was about 15, I read some of my old stories, and they were so horrible, that I just deleted them. I kind of regret that now. It would have been nice to read them and to laugh at them. But I picked up writing when I was about 15. I joined LiveJournal, and found myself writing a hell of a lot of fanfiction about a band that I was obsessed with at the time. I didn't expect anyone to read my stories, but people actually did, and they actually seemed to like what I was writing! And it encouraged me to keep on writing. And again, when I now read those stories, I just laugh at them. They are horrible!! But I kept on writing, even after we all went our own way, and moved on from LiveJournal and from that band. I started writing poetry, or drabbles, short pieces, whatever you would classify them as. I wrote some non-fanfiction stories, and realised that I preferred that much more. Although I still enjoy writing fanfiction occasionally. There is something I love about having to write a story that can't just be picked out of my brain. The story actually has to fit the character. Would they do that? Would they ever say that? How would it sound if they say that? Other than fanfiction, I can't really say that I write a specific kind of stories. I just randomly come up with ideas. Sometimes I'll look at a person on the street and imagine what their life is like. The next thing I know, I have a new story. Or I'll have a dream. And a few days later, it's a story.

But writing is my thing. It is what I love to do. It relaxes me.

I can't wait to join in, read your work, and to post some of my writing in a while!! =D

2. CaraTheCool

CaraTheCool New Member

welcome Sam :) I'm new too. I'm sure I'll see ya around.

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I've never written a fanfiction before, but I've sure daydreamed a lot of fanfiction! I, too, laugh at some of my older writing, though I've only gotten serious about it within the last five years or so. It's crazy how much I didn't know I needed to learn, and how much better I am now. I still have a lot to learn, of course, but learning's half the fun! I hope you have a great time here!

Be careful, though, this forum has a way of sucking you in and never letting go. :supercheeky:

4. Samunderthelights

Thank you! :D

5. Samunderthelights

Haha, and in five years we'll probably be laughing at our stories from now. But yes, learning is part of the fun! Thank you!!
    Haha, thanks for the warning. I have to admit, I've already been on here while I should be doing other things. So I think you may be right. :bigwink:

6. Darkless

Darkless New Member

Welcome, first and foremost. And well, don't feel too bad. When I started writing, my stories sucked badly. I mean everything about them was horrible. Now that I look back at how I started, I tend to laugh it away, because I have turned those sucky stories into good reads, actually, from what friends tell me. So keep writing if that's what you like doing. Who knows, you could be the next big thing. :)

7. Samunderthelights

Thank you!
    Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do, to just laugh about it. I used to get embarrassed, because people had actually read those horrible stories. But now I just laugh.
    Haha, I know I'm definitely not the next big thing. :p But yes, I will keep writing for as long as I can. Because I love doing it. But I know I'm not very good at it. Especially because I make myself write everything in English, and seeing as that's not my first language, that's already a challenge. And I have a weird writing style apparently. But I don't know, I like it.:bigwink:

8. Darkless

Darkless New Member

Well English is not my first language either, but the rules state here that everything has to be in English. lol That means I won't be able to post stories using other languages. That's fine, because I am good with several languages, and as you say, it's a challenge, and I love challenges, love taking on them and fulfilling/beating them if I can. As to your weird style, I have to see it in order to judge it. If I find it weird, I will surely let you know. :p

9. Samunderthelights

I'm the same. I love challenges, that's probably why I make myself write in English. I saw that there are contests on here as well, so that might be fun as well.
    Haha, thanks. :p