1. Nervous1st

Nervous1st New Member

Can I share my news?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nervous1st, Jun 12, 2009.

I couldn't decide if I should post under the happy thread or the unhappy thread, I had points for each.

I just found out, I'm expecting number two, due sometime in February.

Of course I'm delighted.

But that will mean two under two.

Oh God.

We haven't been trying that long. I was thinking sometime around Christmas would be nice. My Husband is thrilled.

I tested because I was felling unusually psycho emotional

I have sore boobs and I feel sick already.

But of course I am grateful for this incredible blessing. I'm so emotional, I just want to cry for absolutely no reason (only Mothers will know what I'm talking about) With my first, I cried during a toilet paper commercial.

I just had to get all that out. Thanks for listening.

Nervous.

Mods: Do you think I can change my name to Nervous2nd??? ;)

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

[​IMG]

That is really wonderful news Nervous1st! I am sooooooooo happy for you!!!!

Any idea on how far along you are yet? Have you been to the doctor? When is your first scan? Morning sickness is never pleasant. They say it is all in the mind... if you find yourself sufferring really bad, plain salty chips or pretzels really help, and apparently so do soda crackers (couldn't try it out because we don't have them here). I hope that it is all going well and continues to go well for you!

YAY! Another pregnant forum member :D

I'm 16 weeks and 5 days now.

I am really excited for you and thank you for sharing this awesome news with all of us!!

(as for the crying thing, I know exactly what you are talking about. I have found myself almost in tears many of times and having to hide my face from my partner, over movies we have watched... and kids movies as well... it is so shameful at times!)

Oh! I forgot, when I had my second child, little Amity, Mason was only 17 months old. I think it was great to have them so close together, because it made them extremely close as they grew up and they are best of friends even today (apaprt from when they are fighting. :p lol) It can get hard having a new born, when you have another under the age of two, but it isn't always hard. Sometimes, it is a lot easier.

Big hugs!
    Torana

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Now remember - over the next few months, you need to tell stories to the little one in complete, grammatically correct sentences, so he or she will develop the instincts for writing early. :D

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Listen to Cog, for he is wise! :D

[​IMG]

(that means congrats in Spanish!)

5. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Congratulations! That's great news Nervous!

6. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Ooh, congratulations!!!! New babies are so exciting!

And don't worry about having two kids under two. My older sister and I were like that, and from what my mom tells me, it helped potty train me, get me talking, and get me to walk faster. I couldn't stand my sister getting all the attention, I guess. ;)

7. Nervous1st

Nervous1st New Member

Thanks very much for all your lovely replies.

Wow, how exciting! I had no idea, congratulations! Is this your third? How are you feeling? I am so glad to find someone else!

Early days, I think around 5 weeks. We won't be telling anyone IRL yet. I go to the Doctors next week.

Yeah, I found salt and vinegar chips and coke helped (coke as in cola, not cocaine. Just thought I should make that clear) Not very healthy, but worked a treat. Isn't it funny how you crave junk food??

Ooo, who else is expecting? Yay!

I am glad to be having them close, it's just my Son is not a great sleeper at the best of times. I think that's the main thing freaking me out. I LOVE your children's names, so lovely. Have you any ideas for your bub yet?

Yeah right! The only thing my child will inherit is my bad habits! LOL

Thanks again everyone, I feel so excited. It's great to share good news.

xoxox

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yes, this is my third. I'm really nervous as both my kids were two months premature, my daughter tried to come 3 months early... At the moment no signs so it's great, I'm just fed up with the cramps I am always getting though. But they aren't contraction cramps... :confused:
    It is also a very active baby, at the last ultrasound, it wouldn't stop jumping aroudnt he place adn turningits back on us. Was soooooooo cute! Have another one in the next 4 weeks. Will be the.... 4th!! :eek:

awwww! You will have to keep me posted on how everything goes. And it is hard not to tell everyone, even IRL. We held off for a while, it was killing me, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops. :p

Well, it is great you have something that works, just remember to sip on water throughout the day to make sure you are staying hydrated, coke (cola) doesn't hydrate the body enough. (I got so many lectures with the whole morning sickness remedy thing... eurgh!)

I was meaning you! hehe! Is just the two of us as far as I know. (well, so far! hehe!)

My son wasn't the best sleeper when Amity was born either, but I had to wake Amity every 3 hours for feeds because of her prematurity and I didn't really sleep more than 3 hours a night anyway. You may find that you will get a routine going with your son and your new baby when it is born. If you find it hard to manage any sleep, you can be admitted into hospital with your children and get hospital staff help for a few nights to catch up on sleep, or get a child health nurse to refer you to someone who can help with your sons sleeping issues.
    We have two names picked out, the boys name is an actor from my favourite horror movies, the Saw series. Dan picked them both. He doesn't want me posting names yet though.

you are welcome and like I said, thank you for sharing the great news with all of us!!

9. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Oi! I feel special then!! :D

And that is GREAT, Nervous!!! Will we get to see photos/ultrasounds of the lil ones? :)

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

congrats and condolences!

i had 5 under 5, honeybunch, so don't sweat the small stuff... [pun intended]...

at 24, i was preggers for the 5th time... first two were less than a year apart and no twins!... by the time # 5 arrived, # 1 was still 3 months away from her 5th b'day... then, some years [and another husband] later, i had 2 more!... so know that we can survive such stuff...

feel free to email me any time you need advice, or just a caring ear and shoulder...

love and hugs, maia

11. CJay

CJay New Member

Wow! congrats! you think 2 under 2 is bad? try 30 under 5 with an average weight of 700kgs! they were all racehorses though...

I recently also found out that I'm going to be an aunt! Already looked at a motorbike for him/her.