1. StaggeringBlow

StaggeringBlow Member

Let’s talk about the weather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StaggeringBlow, Jan 29, 2019.

what’s it like where you are?
    For me

upload_2019-1-29_15-23-53.jpeg

peachalulu likes this.
  2. J.D. Ray

J.D. Ray Member Supporter Contributor

Blue skies and sunny, though running about 51 degrees (F), which is unseasonably warm.

StaggeringBlow likes this.
  3. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Right now, (6 AM Wednesday) it's -8 F. with a windchill of -32 F..

4. DueNorth

DueNorth Senior Member

-29 air Temp (F), -50 windchill. Furnace not keeping up. 64 in the house. Schools closed. No postal delivery. Good day to write—cold fingers :).

Alan Aspie likes this.
  5. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Disappointed by this 15 minute "snowstorm" we had. Didn't even get an inch. Where is my five feet of frostbite dammit!

Alan Aspie likes this.
  6. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Only -25 C, or -32 C with windchill. Was sunny, but clouded over for the night, which means that the temperature shouldn't drop too much overnight, though I am getting cold weather alerts on my phone saying it's supposed to go below -40. Hopefully they're wrong.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  7. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

It's only about -10 C, but raining. And when I say raining, I mean there are tiny beads of ice falling from the sky giving the snow/hail/precipitation the consistency of fine sand. So walking is like trying to cross the worlds slipperiest beach. It is pretty cool, though, because every time you take a step, you kick up a some of this stiff that then goes skittering across the ground giving this hollow glassy sound that's somewhere between breaking surf and gentle rain stick. It's almost ethereal.

8. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

In Finland we have had lovely weather.

Perfect for kids to play out and spend time with their friends in fresh air.

Traffic is smooth. Most drivers have dropped they speed in rural areas with 40km/h limit to 50-60km/h because of snow and ice. And in motorways most of us drive under 110km/h if limits chance to 80km/h. (Chancing limits somewhere.)

About 50cm of snow but we should get more soon.

(It has been interesting to notice that this kind of lovely weather seems to be problem somewhere.)

9. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

I'm in Australia and currently it's botheringly hot and has been for, well, weeks if not months. Granted, we've had a few 'cool spells' where it dipped to around ~35C during the day and maybe 20C or more during the night.
    Otherwise, It's been bright and sunny..... as always. :superfrown: There was about 3 rain drops chasing themselves around the garden today and yesterday thought. But all that changes it it makes it more humid (currently at 59% humidity).

I so wish for some rain. even if it's just to break the monotony of a "bright & happy sunny day".... uuugh. Sunny days are terribly boring and they're usually accompanied by heat.... Give me a storm, a blizzard, anything!

Some Guy likes this.