1. Noya Desherbanté

Noya Desherbanté Senior Member

A Whinge re: CSS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Noya Desherbanté, Dec 19, 2010.

OH MY ACTUAL GOD. Who invented CSS, and why is he still breathing?! :mad:

I've been tinkering with HTML since I got my first computer; I even learnt a bit of ActionScript and Flash at college. I regard it as somewhat akin to reading/writing Shakespearean - it's all English, but grammar and syntax have been seriously altered.

But now I'm trying to overhaul my blog to look more than vaguely professional - I've succeeded, I think, so far, and it's just unfortunate that I am one of those people who, when they have something between their teeth, they will not let it go until it's been resolved. I cannot accept the fact that I can't do it, haven't the patience to learn the basics in the first place, and that even though I joined a forum specially to get someone to help no one has replied in eight hours. I want it done NOW.

As I said, it's a tiny thing I don't need - it's a Tumblr blog, and I thought it would be awesome if a little icon was displayed next to the title of a post when I gave it a specific tag. For example, if I tagged the post 'orange', a wee satsuma or something would appear beside it, regardless of whether it was a video of an orange, a quote about an orange, or anything else. You can assign little icons to appear next to these post categories - quote, video, text, etc - but not to specific tags.

Arrrgh, sorry about the rant. I don't even really need the stupid icons - they'd just be the cherry on the cake, and I have a feeling I'll change my template around completely in a couple of months. I just needed to let off some steam. I'd just rather try and rewrite Hamlet. :mad:

2. Torana

Torana Contributing Member Contributor

I've watched my partner mess with HTML on his blog and website, it's a whole load of agony, that's for sure. Hope you manage to get it sorted out.

3. Johnny English

Johnny English New Member

go to the w3schools and learn it. it's simple language, just try

4. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Contributing Member

CSS is a blast, priority based on order in the file... for more fun, JavaScript or PHP generated CSS.

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

I find CSS very useful, personally.