Abbreviations in Writing Forums

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cacian, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

true I should.Thanks for pointing it out as I am useless at typing so I should and I will.
    It still does not address the fact that some more then others won't get these caps.
    It is just an opinion.

2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

there is a reason why I cannot write fluently right now but is only a matter of time.
    If you want anyone to learn English properly then I suggest industrialised words will only make things worse.
    as a learner of a language, and I am a Spanish and French teacher, you have to learn full words meaning their full spelling from beginning to end.
    As a teacher I would not dream of teaching someone caps because it makes entirely pointless as I have pointed out.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

Although you have a good point (though it's somewhat harshly put, even by my standards), it's hard to take your post seriously. Please, if you're going to have a go at someone about their poor grammar, have the decency to correctly use capitalisation and punctuation (an example being that you somewhat overuse ellipses).

Please, stop referring to them as "caps". That's not what they're called. They're not abbreviations. They're acronyms.
    See my point below also, because it applies to this as well.

If you're serious about learning the English language, learn the English language. These acronyms have nothing (I repeat: NOTHING) to do with the English language.
    These acronyms are used in conjunction with prose written in the English language.

Now, Cacian, you've been told by several people that this idea is redundant since it doesn't take much effort to find the definitions you seek, and yet you continuously post the same opinion over and over; you're sounding like a broken record. We know you struggle to learn these definitions. We know you have some aversion to using Google. But, seriously, you need to do some of the work yourself instead of expecting this forum to do everything for you.