Act One Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Domino355, Dec 25, 2016.

1. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

@Mr Mr your character reminds me of the conducted from the Polar Express.

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Well, I'm not really sure what to do with @I.A. By the Barn . I sent him a PM which he hasn't answered. And the roleplay is getting kind of stuck in the Ignus area

Also @halisme you didn't adress Rephlon hitting on Khaline again.

3. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

She is literally charging at him with her spear from the back of a falcon. I do not know that how that could be more direct.

"She called for her falcon, and flew upwards, before diving down with her spear aimed at his heart."

4. gibble410

I like Rephlons and Khalines relationship! Its kinda like a Harley Quinn and the Joker relationship. One just wants the other to love them, while the other is coming at them to attack.

5. MagicPenguin

MagicPenguin Active Member

So...if Khaline is the Joker, does that make Yurius Batman? I'm super okay with that.

How did you all plan on resolving the Mamba arc and getting everyone out of the underworld? It might be interesting if Khaline and Yurius were forced to work together in some fashion in order to get everyone back out. Or, if Khaline gets Realiti's pigeon but is uninterested, Yurius can intercept it and act in her place. Though neither of them has the power to open gateways to other places, so not sure how to work around that just yet. Maybe there's some spirit Yurius knows with an affiliation to the underworld?

Also, I'm going to just post my year 300 stuff either tonight, tomorrow, or the next day and, if Barn posts about the 163 stuff, I'll address that in another post later as necessary.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

The underworld usn't really an arc, more like an introduction to the next arc

7. MagicPenguin

So you're all planning to stay for a while, then? Or are you coming out before the 350 stuff goes down?

8. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I want them to come out as soon as possible. Before the 350 mark

9. MagicPenguin

So, Gibble, how would you feel if Yurius intercepted your Carrier Pigeon to Khaline? He'll put it back on its way when he's done with it (though with a spirit following to trace its location when it finds Khaline, as he did with God Rephlon), but when he learns you gods are looking for a way out, he can start working on a way to open a portal from that side.

Also, I took the liberty of naming Spirits and Simians affected by Khaline "Feral." If anyone's opposed to that I can simply stop referring to them as such.

10. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Good name. Though, you need to make a distinction vetween those "Ferals" who were directly affected by Khaline, or those who were their students and just believe in their ideas.

11. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Name: Ignus
    Titles: The Hidden Goddess
    Appearance(s):
    640.jpg
    Aspects: The planet Ignus, Crafting, Arts, Outsiders
    Powers and Weapons:
    Ignus' Flute The world's first musical instrument. Anyone who hears its music will be inspired to reach his full potential.
    Planet Connection The planet Ignus is directly connected to the goddess' mood, similarly to Rephlon.

Cohorts:
    Ignus' Trio- Three spirits from Rephlon who decided to remain with Ignus after Yurius's visit. They are called Electrum, Connor and Timid and are the gods of jewelery, forgery, and painting respectively.

Personality: Ignus is very shy and insecure. She is constantly coming own on herself. Like her planet, Ignus is quiet on the outside, but inside her emotions are constantly whirling and bobbing. And gods save those who are on her planet when they break loose.

History: Created by Realiti alongside Rephlon. Saw Tesni creating the dragons and retreated until she made something worth showing. Made a pact with Yurius to make him weapons, and her trio joined her then. Made the worlds' first musical instrument and showed it to Tesni

Anyway, here are the templates for some of the creatures.
    Name: Rephlon
    Titles: The Ancient Child, He Who Walks the Woods
    Appearance(s):
    הורד.jpg
    Aspects: Nature, Life, The Planet Rephlon, Fertility
    Powers and Weapons:

Strength of the wild
    No loving being
    can match Rephlon when it comes to raw strength.

Planet Connection
    The planet Rephlon is directly connected to the god's life force. As a result, any mood change of the god will immediately be visible in the nature of the planet. And if the god is to die, then so will the planet.

Lord of Fertility
    Rephlon may impregnate anything if he has intercourse with it.

Cohorts: Every living creature on Rephlon will answer if the god calls. The only exceptions are mortals with extremely high self discipline, Khaline's followers, and Yurius's spirits.

Personality: Rephlon has the maturity of a twelve year old child. He is impulsive, persistent and carefree. He is prone to mood swings, which thankfully are usually on the happy side.

History: Created by Realiti alongside Ignus. Tried to mate with Khaline for many years but his love was unrequitted. Entered a state of depression when Khaline left. Convinced by Yurius to pursue his love interest again.

12. gibble410

I wouldn't mind that at all. If @Erik-the-Enchanter! is alsoalso fine with this, can the messenger pigon come back in the year 350, so we all are caught up? Then we can do whatever Mamba wants in the underworld, with/without Khaline, and then move onto Dominos next thing?

13. MagicPenguin

Since he wanted you out before then, I was thinking Yurius would find the pigeon in 307 and find a way to get you out in 310 with or without Khaline's help. I was thinking he might find some piece of information or an item in the abandoned tower that would allow him to open a path back.

I was only thinking of referring to those directly affected by Khaline as Feral. The students might be called simply Khaline's disciples or maybe Feral disciples or something.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  14. gibble410

As long as the message makes it to Khaline, I'm fine with anything.

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

@gibble410 Thank you (I'm assuming its a good thing).

16. gibble410

You honestly dont know the conductor from the Polar Express? He always looks at his watch, and says stuff how they're going to be late to the north pole, and he checks the time at certain checkpoints.

Like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?

17. MagicPenguin

Erik the Enchanter, is there anything in the Witch's Tower that would allow someone to open a portal and follow to the underworld that Yurius can find when he investigates? A ritual or an artifact of some kind?

Halisme, do you want to set something up where Khaline and Yurius are forced to cooperate in order to reach the underworld and help the others?

Since the latest post has everyone in the underworld until at least 325, what would be a good year for getting everyone out? 330? 340? When he/she/they do open a portal, will you have already dealt with whatever threat is terrorizing the underworld and simply need him/her/them to open a way back to the overworld and get them home? Or do you actually want his/her/their help to confront whatever it is?

18. halisme

Khaline will just straight up not work with Yurius. She sees him as a something unnatural. She might align with his goals at times, but she will not stand at his side. Not yet at least.

19. MagicPenguin

What if she were tricked into helping inadvertently? Like, if the way to open a portal was a ritual involving two gods and Yurius caused her to act in a way that would have her play her part without knowing she was doing it.

20. halisme

If she's going near him, it's with blades out. To put it simply. Yurius's aspect goes against every fibre of Khaline's being. Not to mention that he took what she sees as rightfully her.

21. MagicPenguin

Depending on the method needed to enter the underworld, that might be fine. Maybe it's a blood ritual involving the sacrifice of divine servants (Yurius's spirits or one of Khaline's affected animals) or the shedding of godly blood from two sources on sacred ground or something. In which case, if they got into a fight there long enough to shed blood or kill one another's servants, it'd be enough. If not, maybe he'll do it himself, or, if it requires cooperative action and she can't be tricked into playing along, consult Rephlon instead.

22. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I sort of wrote myself into a wall in this one. The thing won't come out until 350, but they are there since 300. I'm thinking of just having them find nothing except for some important clues and out any time before 350

23. MagicPenguin

Here's a suggestion:
    -300: Yurius ivestigates tower; finds nothing initially, but continues searching for years.
    -307-310: Yurius intercepts carrier pigeon to learn underworld gods need help, then sends the pigeon on its way to Khaline; finally finds method to open portal to underworld hidden within tower. Method TBD (may or may not require (possibly unwilling) assistance from another God).
    -330: Opens portal back to overworld. Gods return.

As for what the gods do there, what if they were attacked by this mysterious creature and are nearly killed, but escape. Then they leave all knowing who their enemy is and some idea what he intends in 350. They each then have 20 years to prepare however each god or goddess sees fit before the Big Bad starts doing stuff in 350.

Thoughts?

24. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

The thing is, that creature isn't ready to attack the gods head on just yet. But you just gave me an idea.. So it could work out quite well actually.

25. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

So... I guess Mamba isn't coming with Eliphon then?