Ad Covering Login

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JessWrite, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agatha Christie

Agatha Christie New Member

login. advert problem

I have been unable to use the login box for a couple of weeks or more now. The advert simply covers the login box all the time. I use Firefox. Never had this problem before the last two weeks. There was never any advert inview.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would encourage those having this problem to PM Daniel, so he knows the severity of the problem. Resizing the browser window seems to be a usable work around, but it is not a fix.

3. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    So it is! Thanks. I wasn't having the problem on login (my browser remembers me) but the ad was obscuring the top menu in the forums -- the "notifications", "my profile" etc. one. It looks as if the writing forums logo and the ad elements just flow, so when the window is full size they are placed side-by-side and the ad obscures the menu. When the window is smaller they don't fit side-by-side so the ad is pushed below the logo and the menu is left clear.

For what it's worth, if the window is made smaller still, the "community", "blogs", "what's new?" and "writing workshop" tabs start to wrap, in which case they obscure the next line of menu items, "new posts", "private messages" and so on. That's probably not as serious (well, I've not noticed anybody complaining) but it's still a layout bug and the site would probably look more professional if it were fixed. I was going to suggest that it might be worth fixing that at the same time as the ad bug, but that might delay fixing of the ad bug so I changed my mind. :)

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Thanks for the tip about re-sizing the screen, that helped me! My laptop doesn't have any problems with this, but the resolution I have it on is a lot bigger. At least this is a quick fix in case I need to get into my settings on my main computer.

5. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

The issue should be solved now. Let us and Daniel know if there are any lingering problems.

Thanks for your patience.

6. lallylello

lallylello New Member

It's fixed on my screen. Well done and thanks!:)

7. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

Thank you :D

8. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Mine is all fixed as well. Had the same problem for some time, but it's gone now!

9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Hallelujah! Thank you mod team. :)

10. Cogito

Mod team had nothing to do with it. Only Daniel can apply fixes to the software. the thanks go to him alone.

11. Nicholas C.

Nicholas C. Active Member

Remembering my login

I no longer have the ability to tick the "Remember Me" option under the login, since there's now always a banner ad in the way. I know it's there though, as sometimes when the site first loads it appears for a very brief second. But then the page loads and the banner ad is there. It's very annoying to have to type my login everytime. Is there some way around this?

12. Cogito

Again, if anyone is unable to get to important fields or controls due to overlapping page elements, please PM Daniel with as much detail as you can provide. Only Daniel can investigate and fix this kind of problem.

13. Complex

Complex New Member

For those using the ctrl and mouse wheel option, just use ctrl and the number pad + and - keys to easily manipulate the zoom function. Also, if you happen to use different text sizes (as opposed to zoom sizes) then you may also encounter the problem.

For the more technically inclined do a ctrl+printscreen to take a screenshot easily. Paste that into Microsoft Paint and upload the picture. If it is a specific ad or weird format effect that only occurs with a certain ad then it should be easier to investigate. Just make sure you don't have anything you want to keep secret or hidden on the screenshot before uploading it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.