Am I the youngest person here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Duchess-Yukine-Suoh, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

What change, if you don't mind me asking?

2. Nameless Wildflower

Nameless Wildflower Banned

I'm 23 years old and I just had ice cream for dinner! WHOOOOO!

Morgan Willows likes this.
  3. idle

idle Active Member

OK, I've been old since about 20 then, but @Lydia seems to be getting younger. :)

4. shunoshi

shunoshi Member

I'm 36 and would love to be 13 in a world with the internet, not to mention being able to write using a computer instead of a pencil and paper or typewriter (I hate typewriters).

5. Annûniel

Annûniel Contributor Contributor

Quoted for accuracy. I'm 28 and I am "old." lol. I think I look young because a lot of people who don't know how old I am always think I'm closer to 23 or so. Though I guess that's only 5 years difference.

6. EllBeEss

EllBeEss Senior Member

I'm only 17, I've been on forums where pretty much no one was older than 13 and I've been on ones where pretty much everyone was 30. To me it doesn't really matter.

7. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Wow, I would have guessed most people here were 25 or younger, based on posts

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  8. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. It may also be that young people post more often than us older folks, and that might skew your perception.

9. Kathrin Doelle

Kathrin Doelle New Member

I'm 35. Could easily knock 5 years off my real age. Good skin, I suppose. But I started writing when I was 11 or so (and it was really bad stuff back then) and wouldn't have minded if Forums such as this would have existed back then. Back in 1991 even a typewriter was a luxury!

10. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I am 21, and I feel like I'm either 18 or 25... Except that I still can't rent a freaking car... :/

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i recall a couple of 12 year olds some time ago... don't know if they're still with us...

i may be the oldest, as i'll be 3/4 of a century old a week from today... does any one here have any days/weeks/months/years on me?

12. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I've been a sentient being for 35 years, but I'm as old as the universe.

Andrae Smith and jazzabel like this.
  13. minstrel

I'm 17 years older than you, so I'm 17 years older than the universe.

Young punk universe! Get off my lawn!

14. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I'm 37. sigh.
    Just seems like yesterday I was thirteen and having slumber parties with my four best friends. We'd play Belinda Carlisle on our boom box. Give each other avocado facials, have sock fights ( better than pillow fights -the socks were rolled up like snow balls ), crimp our hair, watch Grease 2 - Maxwell Caufield was so dreamy and trade Sweet Valley High novels.
    On the plus side 37 is when a lot of authors get started. *crosses fingers *

jazzabel likes this.
  15. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

@peachalulu, when we were thirteen, we spent our free time trying to score beer and cigarettes and to, well, score with girls. We had less luck with the latter since we were not unlike Beavis and Butt-Head (except there were five of us: 5 x the stupidity).

16. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

You weren't the only to think so. The guy looked like anime. :D Though IMDB shows he's had a pretty active career, after Grease 2, the only other thing I ever saw him in was a tragic little Sci-Fi flick with Billy D. Williams called Alien Intruder.

17. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

What! you don't think Maxwell Caufield with those sideburns is dreamy for shame! I liked him better than John Travolta in the first Grease as everyone in that cast looked 40 years old. Yeah Maxwell's career was awful - he showed up in I think Dynasty, and in The Boys next Door where he and Charlie Sheen played psychopaths.
    Us girls loved the movie because Michelle Pfieffer played the cool girl and the songs were hysterical. Let's bowl let's bowl let's rock and roll - oh wait - Let's do it for our country, our country wants us to...lol - I still got them memorized.

T. Trian - Unfortunatly I grew up with the same batch of kids kindergarten to high school and at thirteen a lot of boys still didn't look that appealing, we'd hang out with them and that's about it. Bevis and Butt-head - lol! My gang was something like the bratty Unicorn club out of
    Sweet Valley Twins. A whole lot of condescending talk and enough hair mousse to keep a beehive the size of mount Everest erect. Seriously you
    could bounce bricks off our hair.

18. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

I admit that I have no clue who Belinda Carsile, Maxwell Caufield, the Sweet Valley High People, and Beavis and Butt-head even are.

19. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Don't do that. Being 13 sucks so much. You're just starting puberty, you live in your parents house, you don't have a car, you can't drink, you cant smoke, you can't go to R rated movies by yourself, your body is full of raging hormones, and nothing makes sense. Just wait till you have your first (requited) relationship. It's all fumbly embarrassment and mistakes you'll remember on your 80th birthday.

I just had my last birthday in my 20's, and I'm ecstatic every day I wake up not a teenager.

20. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

OK, then.....

I don't really mind being 13. You get used to it after a while.

KaTrian and jazzabel like this.
  21. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Oh yeah... Now I remember it. Being 13 did kind of suck ass, all that peer pressure and stealing booze from your parents and lamenting the lack of breasts and half the girls going "ew, boys, cooties, ew!" and the other half going "omg you still a virgin!" and me in the middle unsure of what to do and WHY ISN'T MY LIFE LIKE IN LIZZIE MCGUIRE??

I was also convinced I was a witch. So yeah... Enjoy being 13 but rest assured, there will be plenty of more fun ahead!

22. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

@Duchess:
    Belinda Carlisle

Beavis and Butthead

23. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Kids lost their virginity at age 13 at your school???
    And I don't have to worry about lack of you-know-what. I have a B-cup. Worse though, because all bras at the store are padded to no end.

All the other girls are like 4'8" and have yet to wear a bra. They all have "boyfriends" though. ("Boyfriends" ahaha.)I'm still "single" but I go to a really small school, so there is no boy that I would want to date.

@jazzabel Thank you! The Belinda Carlisle video was blocked in my country though.

24. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

I lived right in between the "good part of town" and the "bad part", and I was send to the school on the bad part, maybe 'cause my brother went there too. People grew up fast there, girls dated older guys, well, I didn't. I was a total complete utter nerd til 14 when I dyed my hair black, went roadtripping, and tried to get my belly button pierced but man were they strict in those parlors!
    Still hopeless with boys though.
    And I would've been unable to discuss as maturely and grammar-error-freely on internet boards (there were those back then already) as you can. I thought you were older, tbh.

I suppose you should consider yourself lucky. The school nurse consoled me that I'd get natural padding there in a few years. Now, 11 years later, I'm still waiting.

25. minstrel

My life was great up through the age of twelve. Then thirteen hit, and we moved to a new city. Suddenly I left all my friends behind and had to go to a new school with new kids I'd never met. If that wasn't hard enough, I also developed the world's worst case of acne. So just at the time I'm trying to make new friends and fit in with a new crowd, I look like the Hideous Pimple Monster from Diseaseville.

Needless to say, thirteen was a pretty lonely, tough year for me.