Are Chavs Evil?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Heather Louise, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Princes

Princes Banned

DON'T YOU DARE take that tone with. After all the ****ing grief i've had of these bastards.

Not one has left me be. Yet why should i change for these screwball little pond scum bastards.

heather love im sure your a lovely girl with a warm heart i do not doubt that. But look your in the small minority here. Chavs are nasty buggers and yes the evil twats have raped three goth lass's in the last 18 months and five knifings in 6 months. So what does that say.

2. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Heather your 14. you shouldn't be allowed near alchohol at all.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

who the hell are you talking to exactly?? me taking that tone with you?!?! you are accusing all chavs of being murderers and rapists!! you are calling me, and all of my mates f***ing murderers!!
    did i ever say you should change. quote me saying that.
    it says that the news only reports the bad things we have done. it isn;t on the news when we hepl out charities and stuff like that. no, we do not hear about that do we.

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Heather you’re missing the point. You yourself said when there’s a gang of you mates you go drink cheap cider in a field. You’re contradicting yourself. And not hearing the side against chavs because you yourself are one.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I think there is rather a bit of flaming here...

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Agreed.

Can the bad language Now. And stop the flaming insults.

Heather is defending what she beleives in she doesn't desrve the insults.

And Heather i know this has you heated but try to see both sides of the arguement. Well the sides that aren't insulting and filled with foul language.

Those using foul language again unnecassary i will delete your posts and issue ypu with an infraction.

~Raven.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

You know heather, I can kind of understand what you are trying to say here.
    Where I am from I have actually noticed, not sure if anyone else has, but they tend to sterotype Goths.
    For quite a while there were a group of Goths going around doing the EXACT same thing as what these Chavs have done.
    Now not all of the Goths were doing it, just a fairly numbered group of them. Since then I have noticed that if you look Goth, people avoid you like the plague and treat you like a piece of dirt. I wear black basically 24/7, I like wearing black, I feel comfortable in black. I dyed my hair recently and you know I went into a few shops in my home town and they would not serve me.
    It isn't just Chavs that have a bad reputation, it is a number of groups really.
    But there IS good in everyone and that is something that takes time to show. There may be some pretty nasty Chavs out there, but honestly, I think heather is a great lass and yeah so what 14-15 drinking, try 12 yrs old. I started drinking whenI was 12, turning 13 in a couple of weeks.
    I was associating with people who were into hard drugs and theft and vandalism and robberies, and I turned out alright I think.
    I know not saying that they aren't doing anything wrong and sticking up for them all, but people like heather deserve to be given a chance in my opinion.

~Torana

Well just my thoughts on it anyways. Hope it don't offend anyone and if it does I apologise and will remove my post.

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

Nobody is not giving Heather a chance though. Nearly everyone on the board knows shes a great gal. But you've got to admit, Heather, that there are chavs who are as we have seen them: rude, loud and destructive. But only some, not all. IF anyone involved in the argument admits this point, there is no argument.

9. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I think Heather realises that some chavs are nasty little ****s. I think what she's trying to say is that they aren't all like that. She certainly isn't, and although I have had some pretty bad experiences with chavs, I have the utmost respect for her. She is living proof, I'd say, that they aren't all evil. Personally, I think Torana (as usual) has it exactly right.

10. Frost

Frost Active Member

This topic has been covered. This thread is only going to degenerate from here, I think.

11. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

This is halarity.

It's similar to the if-you're 'emo'- you -cut -yourself wear -black and cry- in- dark- corners.

It's not fair to suggest that all 'Chavs' are evil based upon something as fickled as observation. Then again, in my opinion, the whole trying to being a Chav, Emo, Goth, or w/e ambition seems silly to me as no one can physically become an ideology. Sure try to express your internal self externally but you'll find it only leads to stereotyping and quick judgement.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Heather is a great lass, with some very talented writings and she's a damn fine poet.

The trouble is Chavs have this reputation and like Mud they stick. I beleive heather but the sad fact is certain towns in the UK have some really bad nasty little beggers. Where as others have some desent folk chav wise.

heather don't take it personally not everyone understands. Certainly don't take offence you've got a great level of respect on the forum and i suspect amongst your friends.
    You choose to be who you are because it makes you comfortable.

The number one rule is don't change because someone dislikes your fashion statement.

~Raven.

13. Heather Louise

nearly everyone drinks underage at one point or another. everyone makes mistakes, including you i am sure. also, yes, i am slightly niased towards the chavs, being one myself, but you are doing the same. you are not a chav and you fail to see our side of things. we cannot walk down the street without being accused of theft and being the muck of the erath. for example, if i go out on a night in a pair of jeans and boots, no one bothers with me. i get smiles from passers by and people opening doors for me etc. however, if i go out in my trackies and trainers i get dirty looks, called by the goths and the emo's and whatever else, get doors shut in my face and adults being rude to me, all because i am wearing trackies!! people are so predudiced against chavs, and all i am trying to say is that most of the time it is uncalled for.
    sorry :(
    here here!! :D
    yeah, i know what you mean. and there are going to be places where chavs being destructive are worse than in others, but that happens with everything. i am sorry if i got wound up yesturday, it is just that this i something that i feel very strongly about and i got very stressed with it. once again, i am sorry :)
    Heather

14. Princes

Princes Banned

Now this is the kettle and the pot. Tell me Heather What do you honestly think when you see a goth walking past you across the road or down your street.

15. Heather Louise

most of the time i do not notice. if they are wearing something that i think looks outrageous, then yes, i might think that what they are wearing is stupid, but i would never tell them and i would never hold that against them for anything. if they want to dress like that then they can, it doesn't affect me, whether i like it or not.

16. Princes

Princes Banned

Being goth has its advantages and is how I am. I like the vampires books ann rice, brian lumley.

But you have to show the same respect for a goth as you would expect as a chav.

17. Heather Louise

what has books got to do with being goth? you do not have to be a goth to enjoy vampire books.

yeah, and i do. just because i do not like what they are wearing does not mean that i do not respect them.

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Erm.... Why class people as chavs because of how they dress? That is so stupid! so someone happens to be wearing trackie pants doeasn't make everyone a yobbo. Or chav or whatever. All I know is that Heather is a pretty cool chick. People shouldn't be judged on what they wear but judged on what they do.

19. Princes

Princes Banned

Books have nothing to do with being Goth. I like the image I like the clothing and I love the scene and music. Its what makes me who I am. The added bonus is I love the Vampire world too.

20. Raven

Raven Banned

There will alsways be judging. Its how people are they can't help themselves.
    We're not all that way. But many are.

I beleive you judge a person on their virtues not what they look like.

21. Heather Louise

exactly, and i love being a chav. i like the people and the jokes and the fact we have a laugh and we aren;t really uptight about things. it is just nice, so how is it any different from you?

22. Princes

Princes Banned

Well I like having fun I love going to whitby goth festival and we have such a good time there we take bottle of strong bow cider and listen to the bands and have fun.

And when we;re all out we sometimes like to have a drink in the grave yard when its really foggy.

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I guess that makes me half Chave then! ...... :p :D

24. Heather Louise

yea, and we do similar things, just not in a graveyard as they creep me out. (i hate them and refuse to go in one, lol.) yet you are normally eft to it, where as when we do what you do,w e get the police coming up and giving us greif for sitting around. you see what i mean?

25. Princes

Princes Banned

Ah now we get into trouble on the friday nights many a time police have stopped us and checked us for dope and coke. Yet none of my friends touch coke and i and my best mate never touch dope.

Infact sometimes people frown at us for trying to help them.