1. czapatka

czapatka New Member

Best Blogs for short-form?

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by czapatka, Aug 9, 2013.

While I'm not trying to be professionally published, I was wondering if anybody has any advice for submitting to smaller, blog-form sites? Is it best to try and get as much exposure as possible, or should I be selective with who I try to submit to? I've recently run into a friend-of-a-friend's start up blog Black Yolk and I'm going to submit there, but has anybody had luck with other blogs?

Thanks!

2. Krishan

Krishan Active Member

If your goal is only to get as much exposure as possible, then submitting to blogs and websites is a good way to go. It is still worth being selective though. Have a look at how they present the work they publish, and try and work out if they have an actual readership.

Some blogs and websites are so obscure, new or poorly-promoted that they have almost no readers at all. Some will put your work in front of several thousand eager and engaged readers.

Some webzines that I know have realtively large audiences are: PANK, Thieves Jargon and Word Riot. I'm sure other people will be able to suggest more.