Blue Skies

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CommonGoods, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Rose sighed, she just wanted to eat her meal and was having second thoughts about allowing the others to talk her into coming to the Tavern tonight. Yes, sometimes it was fun but this was just ridiculous.

"An apology?" she said, gesturing toward Sam, "if you like. It goes to him, though."

She would make sure that Richard sent the beggar away, a few credits to the good to keep him happy and out of trouble. She couldn't much blame the workman for turning down her offer. He was obviously ill at ease and she nodded.

"As you wish," she said softly and smiled at him, sitting back down and settling her napkin back in her lap before picking up her fork.

2. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

"Well, it isn't every day you see a beggar being shaken like a ragdoll and laughing about it. Tell me Miss Myra, does this amount of odd happenings always follow you around, or did I just come along at the right moment?" He grinned at the woman, Myra if that was even her real name. Coming to Nemdee was the right decision afterall. "Oh, sorry, you were the one that got to ask the first question. So by all means, ask away.?

3. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Once the crowd dispersed, Tommy returned to his table, where his meal was ready. He sat down and tucked a napkin in his shirt. He grabbed his silverware and said a prayer before digging into his entree. He held his nose over the meal to take in the delicious aroma.

The mashed potatoes were flavorful, and he had just cut himself a portion of steak. Capturing the piece with his fork, he tasted it and gave an inward sigh of delight. The steak made him close his eyes in ecstasy and take a deep breath. It was truly a work of art.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Sam, sir I would like to apologize...I am sorry, I just wanted you to have a good time...since you hide bundled," Miser said, "Now I'm going back to my peanuts, they were so wondrously delicious and ma'am I think you are missing something rather beautiful on your neck...you should keep your objects in place."
    Miser smiled and walked back to the bowl of peanuts he was eating earlier. People were such a let down. Many people going to work came to Miser for a good wiggle now and then. Had a meeting come to Miser for some fun. Why did these people have their heads up their rear ends and held themselves to high. That woman was venomously beautiful, but dirty. It wasn't attractive not at all.

5. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    "Well, it isn't every day you see a beggar being shaken like a ragdoll and laughing about it. Tell me Miss Myra, does this amount of odd happenings always follow you around, or did I just come along at the right moment?"

“No generally I live quietly, I don‘t normally go to taverns either…”

"Oh, sorry, you were the one that got to ask the first question. So by all means, ask away.? She frowned their wasn’t really a lot to ask. She wasn’t normally social.

“what‘s your employment?” she asked lamely. She almost rolled her eyes at herself.

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sam, was half glad just to see him leave, though when he cast a glance at his savour he noticed it was true, the first time he had seen her she had a necklace. "He's right your necklace is missing." He said and decided that this was something he could do. "I'll look for it, after all you helped me first." He offered, wondering where it could be.

7. Shadow Dragon

"I'm a scholar. I am researching history and the guild. But as for where I get my money from," Chaos shruged his shoulder, "My family has more money than it knows what to do with. So, I don't have to bother worrying about daily expenses. So Myra, what's your employment?"

8. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"My family has more money than it knows what to do with. So, I don't have to bother worrying about daily expenses. So Myra, what's your employment?" Chaos asked her.

Myra bit her lip she had promised to play fair. “there‘s no room for the uneducated in a world that requires progress. I‘ve no job. My father‘s fault he rights his wrongs by giving me money for my keeping. However I‘m lucky to see him once a year. It‘s not his fault, his an explorer time doesn‘t allow him a chance to see his daughter often.”

9. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Ma'am I think you are missing something rather beautiful on your neck...you should keep your objects in place."

"Truly a wise man," Simon said to himself. He thought to call out to Rose and tell her to heed his advice, but before he could pursue the matter any further, a conversation was struck-up at his own table. He didn't want to yell over them; that would be incredibly rude. Instead, he shut his mouth and sat back in his seat, an idle watcher of tonight's show.

"He's right your necklace is missing." The timid young man said to Rose. "I'll look for it, after all you helped me first."

"You've got to be kidding me," Simon mumbled. This is absurd. He found himself hating Myra more than ever. Just smile and pretend everything is okay.

“There‘s no room for the uneducated in a world that requires progress. I‘ve no job. My father‘s fault he rights his wrongs by giving me money for my keeping. However I‘m lucky to see him once a year. It‘s not his fault, his an explorer time doesn‘t allow him a chance to see his daughter often.”

"Pitiful excuses," Simon said. "When I was your age, my father -- an explorer -- was long dead. The only difference between you and I is I had money. I tried to give you that and you practically spit in my face. Your problem is you don't know what you want out of life. That's why you take everything you see. You madam, can go to hell.... I say that with the utmost respect of course. I am a gentleman after all."

10. Shadow Dragon

"No room?" Chaos cocked his eyebrow in disbelief, "Myra, I've watched you out wit nearly everyone here and you always seem to have a backup plan. Trust me on this, most upperclas families would kill to have someone of your talent under their employment." I, myself could use a research assistant, though I doubt now is the right time to talk about it, thought Chaos.

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"When I was your age, my father -- an explorer -- was long dead. The only difference between you and I is I had money. I tried to give you that and you practically spit in my face. Your problem is you don't know what you want out of life. That's why you take everything you see. You madam, can go to hell.... I say that with the utmost respect of course. I am a gentleman after all."

She stared at him startled. She understood his anger. But she had to live. What did he want her to do?

“Then what would you propose, that I whore myself out? Or die in a gutter? Exactly you had money,” tears stung her eyes and she shook her head angry. “What my bad behaviour should do you out of pocket? That‘s not fair. Rose won‘t even miss it she has lots of things…No man has ever tried to make an effort to support me, why should they start now unless of course you have an ulterior motive? I know what I want in life, how dare you stand here and tell me what I do and don‘t want. But it‘s to late isn‘t it? A pompous, arrogant man who hasn‘t suffered for a penny in his life has no idea. What do you think I am a pigeon? You think you can feed me and suddenly be a man of greater good? If I don‘t work for it then I don‘t want it. It‘s not worth it.”

She slammed her hands down on the table then retrieved the necklace from its hiding place and threw it at him. “I worked hard for this, I struggled to get it.” She shook her head. She wanted to continue yelling at him telling him how he hurt her. What would he understand or the man next to her.

“I don‘t doubt your kindness sir, I am greatful. But the way you give it you may as well shove it up you’re a**.”

12. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Myra threw the necklace at him. “I worked hard for this, I struggled to get it," she said.
    “I don‘t doubt your kindness sir, I am greatful. But the way you give it you may as well shove it up you’re a**.”

Simon should've known better than to lose his temper with her. There was a red mark on his face where the sharp edges of the necklace had struck him. Anger only begets anger. I won't make that mistake again, he thought.

Still, she'd returned the necklace.... What does that mean? he thought. Using his foot, he pushed it away from the table. Someone else had previously offered to look for it. Hopefully it would be found and the matter resolved. No one would ever know what had happened.

"I'm sorry," he said, failing to find a more appropriate phrase. "I work every day, but only because i choose to. I've never had to work. I suppose I don't know what it's like to live that life," he said with a sigh. "If I had things my way, I would make it so no one had to know. That's all I ever wanted. Again, I truly am sorry, ma'am."

13. Shadow Dragon

"She's right about all of that. Those of us born into money don't know what it is to not have it. There really is no way to even compare it." Chaos looked up at her, half pitying her, and half admiring her.... She was a unique and strong woman. "Myra, please sit down and try to center yourself. I apologize if you thought I was judging you as well."

14. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"If I had things my way, I would make it so no one had to know. That's all I ever wanted. Again, I truly am sorry, ma'am." he said.

She lowered her own eyes, trembling from embracement and spent rage. “No I‘m sorry for yelling, I don‘t normally like getting upset.” she stood up and frowned as she went to offer him a handkerchief. It was to grimy he wouldn’t want what ever was on that on his face. “I‘m sorry she said again,” remembering the poor boy was with them. Her eyes darted about the room for some escape.

"Myra, please sit down and try to center yourself. I apologize if you thought I was judging you as well."

She flopped down on the chair and sighed.

“Yes... I know,” she managed

15. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Catrin nodded politely at Simon as he left their table, her attention only half on him and half on watching Danny Hale. The boy was clearly underage – young and thin he looked younger than even his thirteen years – and he looked extremely uncomfortable. He was also alone, which was strange. Usually if the boys at the school decided to go out and have a bit of fun they did it in groups. It was odd enough that it was Danny. A quiet, reserved boy, he had never struck Catrin as the type to sneak off campus during the night, much less appear at a bar.

All of this combined to make her somewhat suspicious. Something was not right, and she was determined to find out what. She stood, just as Danny fell crashing at the feet of a pretty young woman sat at the bar. Catrin didn’t get much further, however, as Georgia suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled back down into her seat.

“Oh, leave him alone, Kitty,” she said, “He’s just a schoolboy wanting to have some fun.”

“Georgia …”

“Just give him an hour or so. Then haul him back off up to school.”

Catrin murmured an indistinct noise, but from the look on Georgia’s face she was determined not to let her friend ruin their own evening by turning back into a teacher. With a sigh, she nodded, but decided to keep an eye on Danny Hale and make sure he didn’t get into any more trouble.

The young woman at the bar had helped Danny up and taken him over to a table, and was ordering food. Simon Lancaster was with them as well, for some reason, so Catrin relaxed a little.

“Joshua!” Georgia’s excited squeal distracted her, and she turned to see her friend’s man of the month stood over them. The Etiquette mistress certainly had a knack for choosing a handsome man; tall and broad shouldered, with a mess of dark blond hair and symmetrical, aquiline features, Joshua was very good looking – and very aware of it.

He sat down, slipping an arm around Georgia and nuzzling into her hair.

“Hey, sweetheart,” he greeted her, then turned to look at Catrin, eyes raking her up and down. “I didn’t know you were bringing a friend. I would have set her up with someone … or am I getting the two of you for the price of one?”

“Josh!” Georgia pouted in mock-outrage.

“I’m … just going to get drinks …” Catrin stood up, eager to escape the table. She wound her way around the tables to the bar, thinking that while Georgia had a knack for spotting a handsome man, she never seemed to choose a pleasant man. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw that even as Georgia babbled away to him Joshua’s eyes were flicking over every woman in the bar, even over her.

Self consciously, Catrin smoothed down her fitted waistcoat – a pale, robin’s-egg-blue than complemented her navy skirt – and wished Georgia had at least let her put her hair up. She was starting to regret coming again …

… regretting it even more as a fight seemed to break about between a vagrant and a workman in the middle of the bar. Catrin was unsure exactly what had happened, but was surprised when the elegant Rose Daughey stepped in and settled matters quickly and firmly. Not bad, Catrin mused. The woman would make a fair teacher with that kind of discipline.

“What can I get you?”

Catrin’s attention was snapped up again as she turned to the barkeep.

“Uh,” she glanced over her shoulder at Joshua and Georgia. She didn’t think they’d notice whether she came back or not, and she certainly wasn’t in the mood for being the third wheel. Making a snap decision, Catrin slid onto a free bar stool and said, “Just some camomile tea, please.”

16. Foxee

"He's right your necklace is missing." He said and decided that this was something he could do. "I'll look for it, after all you helped me first." He offered, wondering where it could be.

Rose's hand went to her throat and touched nothing but bare skin.

"Oh..." she was momentarily at a loss, looking around her chair, "It might have dropped off. Clasps so often go faulty all of a sudden."

The necklace was nowhere in sight.

"I would be most grateful if you would do me that kind service, sir," Rose said politely to the shy workman, "it has some sentimental value as it was a gift from my cousin. I am afraid it may be lost for good, though, or ruined underfoot by now."

She shook her head ruefully. The chain of the necklace was thin as spider webbing and the pendant itself carved delicately of ivory in the shape of a single full rose. One step from a man's boot and the whole thing would be nothing more than a small mangled mess.

Richard was talking with Carmine, now, keeping her spellbound with one if his stories. Ben was picking at some food and looking moody. None of them offered to help her.

"On second thought, please don't unsettle yourself further," she said to the workman, realizing that by accepting his offer she would be keeping him from his dinner just as badly as the beggar had, "I do thank you for your kind offer, though," she extended a hand to him, "I'm Rose Daughney, what is your name?"

17. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

As Danny watched the theatrics of the evening, he became interested in quietly observing these adults act nearly as childish as his classmates. He was most interested in the secret talent of pilfering present in the mytserious Myra. He had seen her steal the necklace but his time at the school had taught him to remain quiet.

He also kept his eye on Miss Catrin, his Literature Teacher. She seemed distracted enough but Danny desired not to make a scene.

Still, his conscious ate at him, and thus he subtly tried to attract the woman's attention.

18. Jade

Jade Active Member

Luke traced his finger around the rim of the bottle, staring at the light reflections in the glass. A group of tittering women had gathered further down the bar, laughing and shooting him glances. He finished the latest bottle, feeling a familiar fuzzy feeling began to numb his earlier dejection. A few more of these and he would be alright.

“Uh,” she glanced over her shoulder at Joshua and Georgia. She didn’t think they’d notice whether she came back or not, and she certainly wasn’t in the mood for being the third wheel. Making a snap decision, Catrin slid onto a free bar stool and said, “Just some camomile tea, please.”

He looked to his left and glanced at the young woman who sat a few stools away, taking in the floor length navy skirt and overall sensible appearance. A pair of wire glasses gave her an academic and intelligent appearance and framed a pair of attractive hazel eyes. Not his usual sort, but maybe that was where he was going wrong in the past. Maybe she would prove interesting.

“Tea? Where is the fun in that?” Luke asked, nudging the empty bottle towards the bar man. “Another one,” he said before looking back at Catrin. “Can I get you something more… adventurous?”

19. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

Slightly disheartened, but not really caring that the woman didn't seem to hear him, Danny resumed blending in. He wanted to leave, but he wanted more to not go back to his hell of a school, at least for a little while.

Also, he sensed that something big was soon to happen. He didn't know what it was, but he couldn't shake the feeling.

20. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sam removed one of his work gloves, not wanting to get grease on her and shook her hand gently. Her skin was as smooth as a petal, but he couldn't help but smiling a little, she didn't seem like her friends at all. "I am Sam Fredricks, but call me Sam please Miss Daughney." He said letting go of her hand and slipping his glove back on. He wasn't sure why he wore them, more habit than anything else, could save a finger while working. He glanced back at his table, just the tea remained. "I was just finishing my tea, it can wait, I really am thankful for your assistance." He said remembering moments before, being saved by a woman. "Besides, its probably my fault it's missing." He added, picturing it falling off as she came to his aid. He looked her in the eyes for only a moment before pulling himself back togeather.She had beautiful blue-green eyes.

21. Blossom

Blossom New Member

“Coming right up, miss.”

As the barkeep turned away to pour Catrin her tea, she turned her head to see how Danny was getting on. To her surprise, his blue eyes were fixed almost guiltily on her and he was making subtle waving motions with his hand as though trying to attract her attention.

She started to turn more fully towards him, but was distracted at that moment by the barkeep placing her tea in front of her. Steaming hot, the camomile gave it a pleasant aroma. Catrin thanked and paid the barkeep, and as she reached for the cup a voice nearby said,

“Tea? Where is the fun in that?”

Turning, she saw the speaker was a young man sat a few stools along the bar. Wealthy, by the looks of things, in well-made suit, and handsome. He ordered another drink then turned back to her with an air of charismatic confidence. A few girls further down the bar shot Catrin poisonous glares.

“Can I get you something more … adventurous?”

Head on one side, Catrin considered for a moment. It would be very irresponsible to drink when she had to work in the morning, particularly with one of her students in the bar, but she knew Georgia would scold her for being too uptight … and there was something about a handsome stranger offering to buy her a drink that appealed to another side of her.

She smiled. “Well … I suppose. If you’re offering, why not?”

22. Foxee

"A pleasure to meet you, Sam," Rose said, noting how careful he was to offer a clean hand. She noticed that he wore flying gear, he wasn't just a workman, "And I'm sure it's not your fault. I'm curious now, what do you do?"

Richard had torn his attention from Carmine and chose this moment to comment.

"Looks like a grease monkey, what?" Richard focused with some effort on Sam.

Rose kicked Richard hard under the table and ignored his grunt of pain as she gave Sam a small smile of apology.

23. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sam smiled back, though he flinched at the comment. Reminding him of his clothes in comparison to her's and her friends. "He is not far off Miss Daughney. I own my own craft, and deliver parcels and messages where they need to go, but I spend much of my time keeping the engine going." He said, feeling a bit more confidant on this subject, but he was careful not to rant. "And what is your profession Miss Daughney?" He asked, sure it was something glamorous.

24. Jade

Jade Active Member

“Well … I suppose. If you’re offering, why not?”

“Excellent,” Luke replied, smiling at the almost michievious look in her eye. "For a moment I thought you might make me chase you around the bar."

The barman returned with the ordered bottle of beer and Luke waved at him to leave it on the counter. “A bottle of your finest and...” he looked at Catrin, examining her face as he spoke and guessing ingredients. “Hmm... pineapple, elderflower and raspberry. Why not? This is an adventure after all.”

The barmans eyebrows rose but he left and returned with the requested ingredients and two glasses. Luke dropped several coins on the counter but the barman lingered, watching as he filled both glasses with champagne and then added several of the other ingredients until both glasses were a vibrant shade of pink with orange undertones.

He held offered one of the glasses to the woman whose name he did not even know yet.

“This is called the Caspius Surprise,” he said. “Ladies first.”

25. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Catrin couldn’t help returning the man’s smile. He had an easy charm about him that made her feel comfortable, despite not knowing his name or anything about him.

“For a moment I thought you might make me chase you around the bar.”

“Well, you never know,” Catrin couldn’t resist replying. “I still might.”

The barkeep returned with the man’s drink, and she listened with bemusement at the list of ingredients he orders. He was watching her intently as he named each ingredient, almost as if he was choosing based on her expression. If he was, then he was very good at it; Catrin loved both raspberries and elderflower, and had always wanted to try pineapple.

She wasn’t the only one surprised at the man’s order; the barkeep’s incredulous expression was priceless, but he nevertheless managed to supply everything wanted, much to his credit.

The drink created was a violent pink that Catrin rather thought should worry her, but didn’t, with a hint of orange.

“This is called the Caspius Surprise.” The young man held out one of the glasses towards her. “Ladies first.”

“Ah, so I’m your test subject, am I?” Catrin teased, taking the offered drink. “Here goes nothing.”

She tried not to laugh as she sipped her Caspius Surprise. The flavours were all strong and distinct, but at the same time blended together with a delicious sweetness. Lowering her glass, Catrin looked up at the man.

“Not bad. Your turn.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.