Bounded Minds: Story Hour!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

"HEEELLP!" shot out of Nick's throat, before he came to the harsh realization that nobody was around. Nobody was going to help him. He knew an explosion had destroyed the van, and was hit by a wave of grief at the idea of all his friends being dead, but he couldn't dwell on that right now. He had to save his own ass.

His body exhausted from being thrown by an explosion, he pulled himself with his arms and pushed with his good leg, as he ignored the sharp pain the cut was inflicting. He crawled out of the hay, dragging his gun shot leg as he did so. Luckily for him, the barn was not too far from the hay he had landed in.

He dragged himself, slowly but surely, past the red doors, which were ajar, getting dirt all over himself in the process. The horses inside the barn remained quiet, save for the breathing, despite Nick, who was a stranger to them all. Suddenly, Nick halted as his hands met the long handle of a pitchfork. Had his legs both been in good health, he would have walked onto the prongs, causing the handle to jump up and whack him in the face. But that was not the case. Instead, Nick grasped the handle, sent the pronged end into the air, and slammed the other end into the ground as he lifted himself up. Using the pitchfork as a crutch, Nick decided to search the barn for anything that could be used to bandage the wound on his foot.

There were stables as soon as one entered the barn, but towards the back was a work bench, complete with tools and a circular saw. Whoever owned this barn was indeed quite negligent and irresponsible to leave the door open. Anyone could come here and steal these tools. But what drew his attention the most was a tool box sitting at the end opposite to the circular saw, secured with a rusted padlock. Being possibly on the verge of death, Nick cared little that he was already breaking the law, and snatched the hammer up off the table. The padlock was so rusted, it was likely old and weakened. Nick whacked the lock one. Two. Three times. Before the lock broke and he lifted it open.

A 45. Colt lay gleaming in the box, beside a handful of bullets which were laying around. Nick opened up the cylinder to find the gun was loaded. Wow. This farmer really was irresponsible. A smile curved into Nicks mouth as he stuffed the gun in the waistband of his jeans and the bullets into his pocket. He then turned around to the horses.

Strange though it may seem to someone who knew Nick: he had rode a horse before. Once, and only once, but it was more experience than most people had in the late 20th century. He knew the basics. Grab the stirrup to face the horse in whatever direction and the horse will go in that direction. Kick the horse to make him go faster.

Walking up to one of the pens, Nick got to the side of a horse, leaned the pitch fork on the wall nearby, and climbed up onto one of the horse's saddles. This was going to hurt himself as much, if not more, than it hurt the horse, but what else could he do? Using both his thighs, he swung his leg outward, then came back and kick the horse very lightly. That alone caused blunt pain to shoot up Nick's calf, but caused the horse to start trotting at a quick pace. He had no other choice but to ignore the pain and turn the horses head with the stirrup to avoid running into the other side of the barn. The horse, and Nick, quickly left the barn. There was no time to celebrate, however, as Nick was faced with his arch nemesis from the night before: the barbed wire fence.

'I can do this.' Nick thought, before swinging his legs even further, and sending a much harder, less pathetic kick to the sides of the horse, hurting him and his steed alike. But the horse ran fast this time, heading straight for the fence facing the road, and leaped over it, like something out of a movie or video game.

Nick grinned. He had once again faced incredible odds of dying, and overcome them. The early sun shone on his face, boosting the drama of the moment. This moment of victory was short lived, however, as he pulled back on the stirrup to stop the horse, and saw the results of what happened the night before.

There lay a van on it's side, the metal blackened from the fire. Police tape surrounded the van. Had they all died? Had he alone survived? A single tear escaped his eye at the prospect. But a glimmer of hope warmed him slightly. He saw no blood, and there was no paint on the ground to make the outline of a corpse. Who would he check on first, though? Damn, he was such a dunce sometimes. Here his foot was bleeding and he was considering visiting his friends? No! This wasnt the time! He had to get to a hospital to fix his foot.

Without thinking of how he would explain the situation to the doctors, he kicked the horses sides like he did when he jumped the fence. A shotgun went off in his shin. This was going to a painful ride.

lixAxil, Love to Write and Kingtype like this.
  2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Third wheel.​

Tina's eyes flew open as she woke with a start. What happened? A man in a white outfit stood next to the bed she was in and looked down at her. She lifted her arm to attack but dropped it as she felt something sharp poking her. An I.V.? She calmed down enough to begin processing where she was. The man beside her was a doctor, and she was in a hospital. But where were Max and Kubi?
    "Easy, miss. I'm Dr. Trayborne. You've been in an accident. Do you know where you are."
    "Yeah." Tina said, her voice so hoarse she barely recognized it as her own.
    "Do you know your name?"
    "Tina. My friends, Max...Kubi. They were with me. Are they..."
    "They're fine. They're being treated in another room. We've called your parents and they're on their way. So just rest for now. I'll be back to check on you soon."
    To heck with that. She sat up the moment the doctor was out of the room, a horrible headache punishing her sudden action. She pulled the I.V. out of her arm, put on her real clothes and peeked down the hallway. With no one in sight she limped slowly out of the room and up to the receptionist's desk. She got the room numbers of Kubi and Max and immediately made her way to Kubi's room.
    ---
    Kubi woke up, she stairs at the light above her. "I'm alive?" How? why? why was it everytime she thought she would die she lived by the skin of her teeth? "Is this some sort of joke to you?" She says breathlessly seemingly to no one. "To keep me in a constant state of pain but not actually kill me? To always suffer and never find peace?" She forwns.

"I'm tired of this. Stop playing with my life and just end it already."

"Don't say that." She looks towards the door, it was Max. He limps over with a broad smile on his face, "You're not a joke, and if you died I don't know what I would do." He kneels beside her taking her hand.

She returns his effectionate stare and they embrace. "I know Max", she says wryly, "I'm just tired." The two just hold each other silently celebrateing in each others still beating heart. "I love you more, I am tired though." She says in broken english.

"Then just rest. I'll be here." Max replied softly, kissing her forehead.

Tina watched the scene silently from the doorway, her eyes widening in surprise. For some reason, the scene of them being so lovely-dove, hurt and angered her. Since when did they become so close? She almost went inside, but couldn't bring herself too. She left the doorway, feeling frustrated, betrayed. But why? Why did seeing them like that make her so upset?

"Hey! You should be in bed, Missy. Not walking around." Dr. Trayborne said walking up to her.
    "I'm fine." Tina growled. "Back off."
    "I understand you're worried about your friends. How about this...I'll take you to their room, show you that they're ok and then you go back to your bed."
    Tina glared at the doctor. Oh they're plenty fine. She thought sourly, but shrugged her shoulders to get the doctor off her case. "Fine."
    Dr. Trayborne walked her back into the room. "Kubi, your friend here was worried so I..." he halted when he saw Max there as well. "Young man, what are you doing out of bed!? Honestly you youngens were in a severe accident. You should be resting, not wandering around." He reprimanded.
    "Ah, sorry, Doctor." Max apologized, pushing his glasses up on his face. "Tina. Good to see you're ok too."
    Tina shrugged as she leaned against the doorpost. Her head seemed to pound even more now, if that was possible. "Uh, huh."

When the doctor left Tina heard her name called. It was Kubi. "Tina? is that you? are you okay?"

"Yeah. Fine. You?" She asked. Her tone had a slight edge to it and Max raised an eyebrow, studying her curiously.

"I don't know, I'm still shakeing. But everyone is safe so that's something to be happy about." the pit pat of little feet and Kubi peeks her head out of the door way. Even with all the cuts and bruises and the subtle shaking she manages a smile at Max.

"Max! Tina!" Tina turned to see the Leone's rushing down the hallway towards them. Elanore Leone wrapped Max in a tight hug, then turned to Tina and gave her a lighter hug. "Oh thank God your alright. The police said you were in a van when it exploded!?"

"We're fine, Mom." Max replied. "Just a few scrapes. Nothing to worry about."

Elanore turned to Kubi, her face scrunching in pity. "And you poor dear! Look at you." She tsk'd as she brushed a hand across one of Kubi's many bruises. "Lets get you all out of this filthy hospital and home where you belong. Yes?"

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

King Nothing and the True King

Just as the previous night, the rain poured furiously, it wasn’t just rain, it was the omen of a new tragedy, of many tragedies, today was indeed a grim day.
    ------------------------------------

The two siblings run as soon as they confirmed the explosion, for one a relief, for the other a dreadful event, both hid themselves in a cheap hotel and today they moved again, trying to remain silent for at least a while, on this moment their location was an old abandoned warehouse and it was when the older decided to ask his younger sister.

“Karla, do you realize…. You… murdered people… how is that you aren’t feeling anything?... Sometimes you’re a cold person… but this is too much, you just killed your own classmates!!!” exclaimed without thinking on one of his usual offenses.

The girl cocked her head and looked at him in silent, then after a span of seconds she mumbled.

“No use…they were a bother…. It was of no use to have them… like….wandering and stuff…. It was the best choice… brother” replied in a cold way, yet this wasn’t the answer the boy was looking for, he was about to exclaim a reprise when......

My voice cut through the gloomy empty open room. "You murdered your classmates, and that's that, foolish girl, and now... you pay for it." I said, my voice didn't show any of the rage that was inside of me, burning up... ready to devour everything in its way... In fact it was completely calm.

I began to calmly walk forward, my hands in my pockets, gripping my pistol and knife. "Ah... Wilhelm, Karla... you almost got away, but you made an error. You allowed the detective to live." I said with an empty smile, my pace was a leisurely one... as if no matter what they did, their fate was already sealed.

Wilhelm's eyes widened, he ignored the menacing tone of his classmate and exclaimed "Classmate... you're alive!!!"
    Karla at the contrary clicked her tongue and faced the boy saying ... " That's because he didn't get in the van brother...." She knew that with a broken arm she had no chances against the young "detective" and the state of Wilhelm wasn't the best.

Karla did not smiled, yet she felt like doing it for an instant inside her mind, instead her face remained on her usual emotionless expression "So.... they are all like.... dead?" asked and pushed even further "Did you verified it?"She had to knew if they were still somewhere or not.

"...That is none of your business, your role is now the vile culprit in need of justice, your hands are stained with blood anyhow." I said, merely shrugging, that smile never leaving my lips. "Those men following you ended in such a terrible way, such a shame... slammed into a tree at a high speed, the car exploded almost instantaneously." I said, my voice never changing from that calm tone. "...You both betrayed me and the others, Wilhelm, no matter what your original intentions might have been, that still does not excuse you of your sins, you put this all in motion, their deaths are on your hands as much as they are on hers, and you've just been a threat since the beginning, I cannot allow you to leave this warehouse, I do hope you understand." I said, my smile suddenly turning cold and cruel.

"Wait, stop classmate!!" replied Wilhelm accelerated "This wasn't my fault, this was...." and stopped, he couldn't bear himself to risk the guilt being threw over his sister, sweat begun to fall on his face while he was desperately looking for any excuse.... yet she knew deep inside him, there existed no excuse.

Karla though decided to play with the situation, she produced a small black item from one of her pockets and threw it to Joe. It was a small black box with a couple of equally black buttons on it.
    "I was expeting to uuum... keep it like a memento.... but.... do you want it?"

I just watched as Karla threw the box, it landed next to my feet, I already knew what it was, it only took her words to confirm what I had already suspected. "Oh my, it's the murder weapon, the one you used to kill the others." I said, I didn't seem to care, I merely kicked the small box aside and continued walking, stopping only a few feet away. "Oh and Willy? There's no amount of money in the world to buy you out of this, no amount of words in the world to help you hide your sin, your lies caused the death of your driver, and the deaths of our classmates, who were dragged into this by a third party, who had no business or stake in this in the first place, and you got them killed, let this sin hold onto your soul and drag you into the deepest pits of hell." I said.

With that... I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at Karla's head first. "I think that the one who caused their deaths should die first, no?" I asked, then turned the pistol onto Wilhelm. "Or perhaps the genius that implemented this... oh but the retard is of no use, you... I can make you scream and tell me all the little secrets that your family has hidden, all of the businesses that you're involved with, the things they do behind closed doors, who the key members are, all of it~" I said, my voice containing unrestrained glee.

A cold feeling
    A cold iron
    Such was the gun being pressed against the head of Joe.
    For an instant he was the one aiming the gun, but now he had a gun pressed against the back of his head.
    An old man with a shady look a hat and a long dark coat was aiming at Joe's head.
    "That's not a bright movement young detective... " said the old man with a composed voice with a tone that expelled youthfulness.

Wilhelm instinctively grabbed the sane arm of her sister as soon as Joe aimed, yet she mumbled a word that caught his attention.

"Father...."

And the eyes of the boy waved toward the spot behind Joe, behind the old man with a gun, close to the door an imposing figure on a white business suit with a red ascot stood. Wilhelm's eyes couldn't classify that person as non other than Wolfger Anzhen, director of the Anzhen's group who showed himself in person in a rusty old warehouse.

"What?..." mumbled Wilhelm but before he couldn't say anything the man spoke with a strong tone.

"The Jaegers's group has fallen, they went to a definitive bankrupt and his director had been arrested, they mean no use for us, the Jaeger's project is now aborted, a total waste of 18 years if you ask me..." stated the man.
    As if this were to be a command, the young girl violently shaked her sane arm freeing from Wilhelm and run toward his father, thus leaving the confused boy now alone in front of Joe.

"Jaeger's project?...." mumbled.

I didn't look phased by the new development. "Oh my, someone got in my way, what a shock." I said, I was still smiling, and I had gone back to my calm demeanor. "So, what is this Jaeger Project, if you don't mind my asking?" I asked, crossing my arms, I turned my head to look at the man... nothing seemed to phase me... even though I was about to die, I was just standing there, asking questions as if this were just some normal dinner party.

The old man was about to open his mouth yet Wolfger interrupted him.
    "There was a group called Jaeger..." stated
    "Are you sure?" replied the old man.
    "Silence. This may actually prove fun" demanded Wolfger, at which the old man remained in silence.

"So there was a group, a powerful one who worked in weapon manufacture as our group does but under the guise also was a mercenary group that offered assassins, thieves, etc. as a good price. It's influence within the high ranked business was a big one, at times it put even Vector Corp in shame. Being the group a direct competence to use we had to get rid of it, but well, talking about economical power at that time was out of the question, so I developed a little funny plan. To take the group by legal methods, like direct inheritance. You know how the first born has the biggest right to become the new head of a business right?, we played that and thus on that time 18 years ago we hired a group to kidnap the first born son of the Jaeger's director." Said Wolfger while smiling, clearly having fun with the situation.

Wilhelm's mind was quickly trying to analyze the data of the project he even didn't knew. He didn't had any knowledge of any event like that yet his answer came through the mouth of the man.

"The plan was simple, we raised the child as part of the Anzhen's group and when the time came we would use his position to take over the Jaeger's group. However, now that the group became a shadow of its past self, and even fell, the plan is useless... in other words...." His phrase was interrupted and continued by Karla with an emotionless tone.

"Wilhelm Dietrich is useless now...." stated to the shock of the boy who didn't had time to fully analyze the words pronounced by his sister.

"Wilhelm.... Dietrich is .... useless?.... hey... what does that mean!!!!????" exclaimed the young man.

Wolfger ignored him and asked to Joe. "As you can see is totally unrelated to you, does it satisfy your curiosity? now let me ask you. How much money would you like?, You'll see, we don't want to have another dead body related to the students, that would be too suspicious and as you can see, Leysritt made quite the mess yesterday. Of course if you don't want money we can always arrange your death"

"...Excuse me, but someone is uninformed of the truth, as the detective, I must shed light." I said, I bowed toward Wilhelm, something small fell out of my pocket, I deafened the slight clatter of the knife hitting the concrete by talking and doing my best to intercept it with my foot, I knew that they wouldn't be paying attention to the ground...

"You see Wilhelm, you're worthless to them because you're the child that they kidnapped eighteen years ago, they've been using you, manipulating you so then they could grab power. However now that their precious Jaeger Corporation has been dismantled, they'll likely just give you some money to keep your mouth shut about what you know, or kill you..." I said, as I talked, I slid the knife across the few feet of ground that separated me and Wilhelm, I gave him a look, I hoped he'd notice it... I hoped that he'd realize... this is his chance for redemption.

"So, it seems, you're not Wilhelm Dietrich, you're a boy that was kidnapped and used by this vile piece of trash right behind me, you were taken away from your family and they were probably going to throw you away once they were firmly planted in the Jaeger Corporation. You've been used Wilhelm, you're a loose end now, an unknown variable, something dangerous, now that you know the truth I mean." I said, I hoped he got the message, since he was useless and they told him the truth of his existence, they were going to kill him.

"...So now that that's out of the way." I said, I turned around, still smiling. "I'll give you my answer.... and it's this... My name is Joseph Alexander Doyle! I'm The Detective, as such I am not human! I live only for the truth! The pleasures of this life don't mean a damn thing to me. Choke on your money, because I intend to drag you from the darkness of illusions and deception into the light of truth, you and your whole damn organization, no matter what it takes!" I said, my smile finally breaking, my eyes showing nothing but determination, my voice not containing a shred of fear. "So go on, put a bullet in my brain, if you can, old fool, but I guarantee that I shall leave this place alive." I said.

Wolfger smiled and the laughed, it was a very expressive and cheerful laugh very unsuitable for the situatiratefulon.
    "You really are a cold one no Joseph Alexander Doyle?. I guess is proper to introduce myself then, I'm Wolfger Anzhen, director of the Anzhen's group, feel grateful as I had taking a liking to you." stated the man.

He then walked toward Joe while continuing his talk. "Why do you think I'm on this business boy? money?, not necessary, I already have enough to do anything I want. Power? truly is tempting but I fear once I have it I'll be eternally bored. What is it then?. I'll tell you. Is because once you reach the position I have, you can be a kid once again. Exactly, once you have a bit of money and power you'll face the other great names fighting for their supremacy, isn't that exciting? is like a big game in the one the winner is crowned as the king... a worthless non existent title by the way, but the excitement of playing a game at great scale is something priceless. Choke on your money you say?, I don't mind the money, perhaps you want something else Joseph? would you like to be part of the fun?" asked the man, his bright smile clearly showing how honest he was being at this moment, indeed a big game with the life of many at stake.

Wilhelm stood silent and shocked for all these slow, eternal seconds. He saw the knife, yet his mind was still processing it all.
    "Wi... Wilhelm Dietrich was a fake name.... to be with commoners.... It makes sense... that's why you sent me with the commoners.... Then... if I'm not Zweivell Anzhen, then who is it?...and what about Karla Dietrich?, what about Leysritt Anzhen?!!!" exclaimed the boy confused.

The old man then sighed... "That's an easy question boy..." said and then without lowering the gun using his free arm he went at his face and with a quick yet somehow delicious movement he removed the face of the old man and threw it to the ground together with the hat.
    "Zweivell Anzhen, that's my name, nameless boy" stated the man that once had an old face and now displayed a youthful one with a blonde hair like Wilhelm but more light as Wolfger's, and with facial characteristics that resembled more the man that Wilhelm would never have to.

In silence Wilhelm stood and then he comprehended it. He wasn't neither Zweivell neither Wilhelm, he was nothing, he had nothing, the boy who once thought he was a king was now King Nothing.

Karla then spoke "Regarding me... uuum... right, Leysritt is my name classmate, Leysritt Anzhen..." stated to Joe. "Uuum, Father asked me to keep an eye on you... so I was sent to live with you... Mother sent me dolls... some I of those I put on my room.... others were just lurking anywhere, they had cams you know?.... like to study your behavior...... then Vector begun with its issues, so Father asked me to pretend.... I had interest on Roxy so I had a pretext to uuuum investigate that's it..... mmmm I was bored.... so... I let Vector enter when the pidgeon was in your... I mean... our mansion... and well then Zweivell asked me to help him to eliminate the bothersome students.... so I did...... sorry but Anzhen never had a grudge against Vector..... I never understood why you believed that.... and now I'm like mmmm free, I like that" stated with her usual monotone tone.

Wilhelm, or ratherly the man with no true name was now more than confused, something was growing inside him, a feeling of anger, a feeling of hate toward the man that used him as an object, any previous feeling of respect or anything else was discarded and then he picked the knife in the ground and threw it against the man in such a quick fashion no one had time to realize. In just a second the boy grew the determination to commit a murder, to the one responsible for all until now.
    Yet the man did not flinched, he didn't even wavered a bit to avoid the knife that naturally missed its target and impacted the wall behind him.

"You failed as usual... I was planning to let you go free with a generous sum of money or even give you a nice position, but you screwed it... someone dispose of him." stated Wolfger.
    As a response Karla or more likely Leysritt quickly produced a gun and aimed at Wilhelm.
    "Hey.. what?..." mumbled Wilhelm, ignored though Leysritt mumbled "Dun dun dun, dun dun dun" as if it were to be a kid's game and the pressed the trigger.

In an instant the body of Wilhelm flied backward eternal time on an instant, no one blinked, no one breathed, nothing happened except the slow movement of the body and the crimson substance that was being ejected violently from his forehead, exactly from the center of it. And then with a loud sound the body fell to the cold floor still bleeding.

Karla lowered her gun while Wolfger resumed his conversation with Joseph.

"So.... do you want anything different Joseph Alexander Doyle?"

I didn't look back at what had happened, I knew the chances of my plan working were slim to none. I forgot to factor in human emotion. I got him killed... oh well. It didn't mean a thing to me. I never respected him, I never cared for him, and I was planning on killing him myself, unless he had managed to escape with me alive with his assistance. I didn't even care that he had just been betrayed in such a huge way. I had grown numb to the cruelty of others, in the end, he's just another corpse another person who's murder that I'd have to solve, I am the detective after all.

I looked at Wolfger completely calm, smiling once more. "Ah, I think you need to clean out your ears, or perhaps your old age has killed your hearing... I am The Detective. Earthly pleasures don't mean a damn thing to me. Any position you'd give me, being behind some desk doing boring paperwork, or doing some ungodly thing to help scum like you would make me off myself, mysteries and bringing the truth to light are what drive me. Money? I'd burn it all and myself with it. Property? I'd tear it down with me inside. There's nothing that you have that would ever make me change my mind, I'm a detective through and through, and I will leave here alive and I will bring you all down." I said.

Wolfger sigued and then said
    "Zweivell, lower your gun.... I'll give the guy a chance."
    As a response Zweivell smiled and lowered the weapon, then Wolfger himself stood in front of Joe.

"Joseph, do you find a reason to bring us all down?, of you wanted a mystery it's already solved so is of no use. If what you want is revenge, I feel very sorry but I can't allow myself to let you kill my biological daughter, I would be an horrible father if that's the case." stated
    "Anyway, if I can't reason with you, either I try to satisfy you or kill you." Then he extended his arms and said
    "Have a free shot, of course trying Zweivell or Leysritt is out of the question"

"...Oh no, revenge is a very hard thing to try to get from me, only one woman has the honor of being able to say that she has gotten me to the point where I want to see her dead more than anything else in this world, make it the thing that I must see done before I depart from this world. This is merely my job as the detective, your daughter killed several students, with your influence she'd be let off with a slap on the wrist at best, if the this thing ever even went to a trial, she could disappear, you could hide all of the evidence, so the most prudent move was to kill both of them, I would have splattered her brains on the wall, taken the bullet, and then tortured Wilhelm until he gave me all the information that I wanted, then I would have slit his throat, he was such an idiot, not even able to keep his emotions in check... well I digress." I said sighing and shrugging.

"What I mean to say is that your family is nothing, but that corpse behind me and the burnt corpses of the students within that van urge me to take your son and your little girl down, and as I pointed out before, they won't go to jail, they won't receive a fair trial, they probably won't even get mixed in this. As I don't have any evidence besides that trigger that has your daughter's fingerprints, and that gun in your son's hand and the bullet buried in Wilhelm's thick skull. But you can easily get those pushed aside with your influence, saying that it was illegal evidence, or that it was falsified, an attack on the Anzhen Group to add insult and injury to murdering their precious son and his classmates." I said.

"As for my free shot. I know that it isn't going to work. Even if I did put a bullet into your head, these two fools will shoot me, or team of your personal guard or the police will come storming in or shoot me from afar with sniper rifles through one of the windows before I even have a chance to pull my gun back out. Am I wrong?" I asked tilting my head.

"Yes you are, it was simply a free shot that wouldn't work but with no repercussion" Replied Wolfger while his arms returned to its original position.

"You're even a more funny person than Wilhelm ever was!!!, you'll see my time is short but I'll be going now" said while heading the door followed by his son and daughter.

"Place is surrounded by armed people, if you can get out of this I'll consider to offer you a spot within the people that actually do interesting jobs, skilled guys are always useful" stated.

"Oh right!, you may want to go check at the hospital, noisy stuff rarely works well" said finally before leaving, his daughter clearly clicking her tongue.

4. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I merely glared at Wolfger as he left, I aimed my pistol at the three as they left and shook my head sighing. "They'll storm in any second, sooner if I shoot those fools... I gotta get the hell out of here." I thought, I sighed and looked around. "Think Joe, think..." I thought, the room was basically empty besides for a few boxes here and there... however the windows were too far off of the ground. I walked over to my knife and ripped it out of the wall then went over to a box, I pushed it over to one of the windows, I got on top of it and then opened the window. I poked my head over the window and looked around, there was one of their lackeys just below me...

I quickly jumped out of the window and knocked the guard down, before he could call out for help, I delivered a nasty right hook that knocked him out, thankfully the idiot hadn't been wearing his helmet, I picked him, his helmet, and his gun and threw him and his gear through the open window and began to sneak away as they converged on the door of the warehouse. "I only have a few seconds before they bust in there." I thought, I turned around and made sure that there wasn't anyone paying any attention in this location and quickly began to sprint away.

I finally reached my parent's car after three minutes, it felt like an eternity, I heard them yell out that I wasn't in there and to start looking for me. I thought they might have gotten me for a minute there... thank god for adrenaline. I kicked it into high gear and managed to reach my parent's car two miles away from the warehouse, blending it in with a couple other cars to be sure that no one would know I was there. It was just bad luck that I had chosen that time to bust in. I got in the car and quickly drove away, I had left it started in case of a quick getaway. "...Time to get to the hospital..." I muttered, he was hinting that something big was going to go on there, so that's where I'd go, I had a feeling, it was time for this game to end.

I called Leon as I drove, telling him to meet me at the hospital... but first there was just one quick stop I had to make. I swung by my house to pick up the rifle... I took one last look at my house. "...This is the last time that I'll step in here." I thought, I sat at my desk and grabbed a pen, a piece of paper, and an envelope, I wrote down a message and sealed it within the envelope and then put it away in my desk-vault. Finally I walked outside with the briefcase and walked there. "...Let's end this, once and for all!" I thought.

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Final Problem

Woodrow parked his car in front of Cole's house and walked up the sidewalk to the house. He was about to raise his hand and knock on the door when he saw it had already been busted open. He stepped inside cautiously, glass crunching underneath his feet as he did. "Cole? You here?" He asked as he looked around.

The sight was not encouraging. The place smelled like beer, likely due to the broken bottle he was walking on. There was a bloodied video game system, a destroyed TV and a large crack in the wall. What the hell happened? Where's Cole? He picked a small clump of blonde hair off the carpet. Is this Dexter's doing? If it is, I'm going to make sure he pays.

Thomas exited the disturbing scene and called the police, alerting them to scene he'd found. Then he tried Cole's phone. Maybe, by chance, Cole had somehow escaped and was hiding somewhere.

As Woodrow started dialing his phone's ring cut into his frantically moving fingers.

"What?" He asked urgently, when he answered.

"Its me." Dexter's voice said. "Listen I-"

"You bastard. I bet you had something to do with this didn't you? Where's Cole?" Woodrow demanded, the ex-teacher's voice the harshest it had ever been.

"Wait what?" Dexter asked confused. "You're at Cole's?"

Thomas sneered. "You're not the only one with friends in high places."

"I knew you were out of prison its exactly why I was calling you." Dexter went on. "The fact you're at Cole's make things easier. But yeah I did have something to do with that mess you see and in fact I do know where he is to."

Woodrow knew the comment was baited, but he asked anyway, "And where might that be?"

"The warehouse where Vector took Roxy." Dexter said coldly. "Come alone and so will I." And with that he hung up.

Thomas clenched the phone in his hand, using a variety of swear words to describe Dexter in his head while rushing towards his car. He sped to the warehouse imagining what he was going to say and do when he saw Dexter again.

---

Dexter sat in pretzel position as Woodrow pulled up his smug look was nowhere to be found as he sipped out of the flask he’d pick pocketed from that idiot drunk Garrison.
    He was hardly in the mood to hear Woodrow’s bitch about all the ways he was a monster. It’s not like he needed a damn teacher to figure that much out.

He pushed himself off the grass as Woodrow slammed his car door shut. "How did I know you weren't going to be late for this?"

"Because my student is involved, and unlike you...I'm an honorable man. I swear, if there's even a scratch on that boy, Dexter...I'll personally beat you within an inch of your life."

"Oh." Dexter gulped down another drink. "Then you might want to start beating now." He admitted.

"What did you do?" Thomas growled.

"Wasn't me." Dexter shook his head. Hell there was no way he could stomach doing what that maniac did. "A prick by the name of Garrison tortured him." He snorted. "Disgusting."

"TORTURED!" Thomas grabbed Dexter by the front of the shirt, not caring if he grabbed skin with it. "Take me to him. NOW!"

Dexter nodded not bothering to pull Woodrow off him he simply pointed a finger to the door to which led into the warehouse.

“In there.” Dexter muttered.

---

Cole didn’t move as Woodrow opened the door even as the light from the outside beamed on his face from the outside. The boy was still chained to the wall by his neck, his face swollen various finger and toenails his breaths slow his head hanging low.

He was naked and the room smelled like urine and sweat mixed with blood. He wasn't dead but obviously not awake to see his savior had arrived.

The sight was so horrifying Woodrow had to pause his approach to Cole and heave out whatever he had in his stomach. "How could you let this happen? How could anyone with a soul let this happen?" Woodrow murmured, barely managing to keep from throwing up again as he got closer. He immediately began working on the restraints that tethered Cole. "Have you called an ambulance?"

“No.” Dexter said. “I didn’t …I…I can’t.” He said. "I haven't thought of a good enough excuse as to why he's so beat up. I can't exactly tell them the truth." Dexter paused as his sad eyes narrowed on Woodrow. "Look I'm sorry....but this....well this had to happen."

"Don't give me that crap!!" Woodrow yelled. "Nothing....NOTHING excuses this. If you're willing to allow something like this to happen then you'd better damn well be ready to face the consequences! Now call the ambulance!"

Dexter gritted his teeth. “Fuck you Woodrow!” He snapped. “I can’t do that….I….it might need me.” He muttered. “I can’t go to jail.” Dexter’s pressed hand against his face. “Trisha….is pregnant.” He sighed.

"Do I look like I give a damn?" He demanded as he began calling for the ambulance himself. "That's you get for screwing around, Dexter. Everything has consequences." Thomas raised the phone to his ear as it began to dial.

"No....." Didn't think you would. "But you probably give a damn about Stella right?"

Woodrow paused as the 911 operator answered his call, "What do you mean?"

Dexter grinned as he mouthed the words. "They've got Stella."

"Hello? Anyone there?" The operator asked on the other end of the line.

"No. I don't believe you." Woodrow said shaking his head. "I saw her not an hour ago. She was fine."

"I'm telling you the truth Woodstock." Dexter whispered. "Why do you think he was tortured? So they could locate Stella. I was there they put a bullet in Gaius and took her."

"And you let her get taken!? Son of a..." He sighed heavily. "Cole is going to die if he doesn't get some help. At least let me take him to the hospital. That is why you brought me too him isn't it?"

"Calm down you ninny." Dexter rolled his eyes. "He's hurt but he's not gonna die I made sure of that and yes I brought you here to get him to safety and to tell you that its almost endgame time." He said "I didn't exactly want to start working with Vector but....she's using the baby as ....what the fuck else was I supposed to to do man?"

Woodrow shrugged and sighed. "I don't know." He looked back down at Cole. "Help me get him up. Then we're going to talk about this Stella situation."

"Actually I already know what were gonna do." Dexter said as he moved towards Cole unhooking the boy and hoisting up along with Woodrow. "I didn't just spend all this time doing grunt work. I've got a plan.....albeit its an extremely dangerous plan." He swallowed. "But if it goes well then we'll be winners."

Dexter and Woodrow placed the broken boy into the back seat of Woodrow’s car. Dexter didn’t skip a beat as popped a cigarette into his mouth. “Shit.” He sighed. “This is my last one.”

Dexter’s smile returned as the hum of an engine could be heard. “Good.” He said. “He made it.”

The car which appeared in the distance was a nice shade of dark gold with tinted windows. It wasn’t anything special in fact both Dexter and Woodrow could rust on each sides of the vehicle.

The drive side opened up first revealing the familiar face of Carter Prescott his top hat in hand as he approached Woodrow.

“Hola.” He greeted giving a bow as he behind him the man in the passenger seat stepped out which was no other then Laplace Damon himself.

“Gentleman.” The crime boss gave a friendly smile. "I apologize for being so late."

"No big deal." Dexter shrugged.

Woodrow glanced at Dexter. "You must be desperate to work with the Web. Don't they want you dead?"

"Civil men can put petty feuds aside Mr. Woodrow for the greater good." Laplace said. "Besides Mr. Craftian is small fish now no reason to kill a man who's insane antics are going to kill him eventually anyway."

Dexter grinned between the two. "Besides I'm needed to handle this little endgame of ours and so are you Woodstock."

"Yes." Laplace said. "We do all have one problem, the final problem. The Vector Corporation and Stella."

"Yep." Dexter sighed.

“The final problem.” Laplace said again. “Here is the plan Woodrow, Dexter here tells me Stella is being held at the town’s old Catholic Church.”

Dexter nodded. “Yeah I scouted around the place earlier damn thing looks like its coming down.” He flicked his cigarette to the ground.

Laplace continued speaking to the English teacher. “Dexter also tells me that Trisha shall be on her way to retrieve Stella tomorrow. We will not let that happen.”

Laplace grinned like a snake wanting to pounce. “Woodrow tell the children I’m calling in my favor. I’d use my own men but I’m afraid that would make me far to suspect if what were about to do was traced back to me.”

“Might as well tell the teacher.” Dexter nodded.

“I’m going to need you and the children to take care of getting Stella back. Since you all and Dexter are the only ones that don’t work for me but are fighting on my side. I can count on to be traced back to me and Woodrow before you protest." Laplace's smile faded. "Most of the children have become killers themselves what's a few more bodies most of all against people who wronged them."

Dexter scowled at Laplace.

"Carter he shall go with you all." Laplace motioned. "Call them tomorrow Woodrow and tell them to meet at your place. Tell them its time to end this bloodshed."

"With more bloodshed apparently." Dexter muttered

"Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Besides I'm sure some of them are just dying for a chance to a put a bullet in some high ranking members of the company" Laplace's smile returned. "Now as Woodrow and those kids you dragged into this help out Stella. I'll be having a business meeting."

"And all that leaves is me." Dexter snorted.

Laplace opened his mouth to speak. but was cut off.

"Don't worry I already know what I'm gonna do. I got it out all figured it out." Dexter said with pure confidence.

"No not that Mr. Craftian." The businessman shook his head. "Do not cross me again after all this is over do you understand?" There was no threat in the voice it was nothing but friendly warning

A warning Dexter wasn't about to test.

Final Chapter
    ENDGAME

Woodrow did as he was told and the next morning the kids found themselves heading towards the house of their English teacher who was unbeknownst to them still he hadn't exactly gone over details and simply put it as urgent and that it involved their ever elusive classmate Stella

Because as they reached the porch they saw the man who’d been the source of all their trouble to begin with ‘Dexter!’ Sitting comfortably on Woodrow’s front step along with the teacher himself.

"Hello kiddies long time no see." He greeted to their shocked, angry and annoyed. "Guess what day it is?"

TheApprentice likes this.
  6. TheApprentice

The horse Nick had from the day before was still with him. It was almost as if the horse had hated it's original owner so much it was prepared to go with the first person that came across it. The thing stuck around in the parking lot even after Nick rode back to Motel 6. While having it around was against hotel policy, the maids were so lazy and neglected their jobs so much, nobody who noticed the horse did anything about it. His foot was stitched up, and his crutch had been replaced.

Nick had managed to hide the gun he found, and he still had it when he came upon the porch where Dexter was sitting. This man...he was responsible for all of this. All the deaths of people Nick cared about. Once his eyes saw the man's ugly face, an immense abhorrence struck him. Sitting atop his horse, Nick snatched the pistol out of the waitband of his jeans, and pointed it at Dexter.

"Tell me....what stops me?" Nick said, ready to shoot Dexter in the head at any moment "Could any force in the universe stop me from spraying brains all over the grass? Really. I would like to know what you think is gonna save you, piece of shit."

7. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"Hello kiddies long time no see." Dexter greeted to their shocked, angry and annoyed. "Guess what day it is?"

"Payback day?" Tina asked eagerly smashing a palm into her fist. She'd been waiting for this moment for a long time. Trisha had caused them all enough greif. Nearly getting blown up had been the last straw. Whatever it took, she wanted to see Vector Corp taken down! And, if possible, punch Trisha in the face personally. Maybe even shoot her.

Max on the other hand wasn't so eager. He just wanted life to get back to normal. But as long as Vector was out there...targeting them, he couldn't be sure Kubi would be safe. It was for this reason he had come. He stood beside Kubi protectively, an arm around her shoulder, ready for this thing to be over. "I hope your plan is a good one this time." Max said, his tone cold.

"His plans are good, just not for anybody else but him self." Kubi adds bitterly. "If you keep popping up in my life just to wreck it I may just consider adding you to my growing body count."

And then Nick showed up, on a horse of all things. "Really. I would like to know what you think is gonna save you, piece of shit."

"Um, maybe the fact that he has a plan to get back at vector corp and get Stella back." Tina said. "Can you wait to shoot him till afterwards?"

8. TheApprentice

Nick's glare turned to Tina. He couldn't believe what she was saying.

"...Yes. Right. Cause his plans always work out so well." Nick said, pausing, then putting his revolver away again "But you know what? Ok. I will do it. I will go along with his plan. If you wind up in a burning building though, or with your head shot to pieces, remember it could have been avoided." Nick said as he looked at Dexter "I am telling you, man: This shit better work this time. I seem to survive everything, and if I have to suffer the death of anyone who I give a shit about, I swear, I will kill you in the most painful way possible. Do you understand me, old man?"

9. Kingtype

“Wow!Wow!Wow! FUCK!” Dexter held up his hands to Nick. “Cool the fuck down cowboy….wait why are you on a horse?”

"Payback day?"

Dexter beamed at Tina.

At least some people could keep their cool about these things. "Yep exactly Tina today is the day the Vector Corporation meets its maker. Well that and there is a little problem." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Cole has is currently in the hospital he was kidnapped and tortured by them, Gaius is dead and Stella is currently being held at the old church."

Dexter made sure to leave his name out of any of these.

"His plans are good, just not for anybody else but him self." Kubi adds bitterly. "If you keep popping up in my life just to wreck it I may just consider adding you to my growing body count."

"
    Is that all you ever do is think about yourself Kubi?" Dexter rolled his eyes a smile forming on his face. "You're friends lives are in danger and you're worried about little old me." He continued. "But yes Trisha will be on her way to pick up Stella anytime now. We will beat her there."

10. Exzalia

"was that supposed to be a joke?" Kubi snaped getting angry. "And thinking about your self, That's rich coming from the guy who used children as his own personal army."

11. TheApprentice

"Yeah man!" Nick said angrily agreeing with Kubi "We are not your personal army! You hear? Not your personal army!" Nick was just as pissed as Kubi. Hell, he had been pissed ever since the first time he got shot in the leg and told to kill Tina and Joe. "I just gotta tell you, man: Once the fight is over, I am gonna shoot you. Thats right. You are responsible for my mother's death and Peter's. I cant let you get away with that."

12. Kingtype

"was that supposed to be a joke?" Kubi snaped getting angry. "And thinking about your self, That's rich coming from the guy who used children as his own personal army."

"Yeah man!" Nick said angrily agreeing with Kubi "We are not your personal army! You hear? Not your personal army!" Nick was just as pissed as Kubi. Hell, he had been pissed ever since the first time he got shot in the leg and told to kill Tina and Joe. "I just gotta tell you, man: Once the fight is over, I am gonna shoot you. Thats right. You are responsible for my mother's death and Peter's. I cant let you get away with that."

“Uh huh there you go again going on and on about old news.” Dexter rolled his eyes. “Look I’m a fucking scumbag!” He admitted

“I am sorry for what happened I didn’t know you were gonna get shot or that Vector would keep bothering you. Is that a good excuse? No I’m a grown ass man I should of known better …..I really should of.” He sighed he pushed himself off the step.

"Look I wouldn't blame any of you for killing me. I've dodged death for way to long as it is and well I've hurt to many people then I ever really wanted to." He bit his lower lip. "When I was the same age as you kids I kinda saw life with me as the hero."

Dexter even had to giggle at that. "But no I'm far from being a hero. Guys like Woodrow, Cole, Tina and everyone of you deserve the title more. Me? I'm a monster, no honor and you gotta believe I've already sold my soul to whatever devils there are."

Dammit.....Dexter swallowed. "I am a bad person....the worst kinda of person and I'm going to have to answer for everything I've ever done sooner or later." He sniffed he hated learning what he'd already known about himself.

"But right now your friend is in danger and evil as I am I do like to try and do some good in my life. We have to stop the Vector Corporation today or everyone one of us will have to live in fear. So please." Dexter bowed his head. "I am a piece of shit but for now there are other fish that need to be fried."

13. Exzalia

Kubi's choice

Kubi studies him with disdain, but her exspertion softens ever so sligthy. "Stella...she was...nice to me." Kubi steps back suddenly conflicted. She refused to do anything with him, not after what she had just survived with Rick,Trisha, the snipers and the van. Another visit to hell so soon was too much, and ignited the inner termoil of her mind.

She grabs for the nearest thing which happens to be Nicks arm and doubles over in another panic attack. She just couldn't get the thought of her freinds grizzly deaths out of her head. What if this was it? What if this time they're luck ran out? Her breath gets caught as if trapped in her throat, she wants to flee. But she doesn't. The heavy breathing and sparse tears and trembling pass after about a minute, slowly she gets back to her feet though they shake with fear.

" Fine... I'll go back into hell, I'll help you Dexter one last time. Because, I owe Stella for careing for me in a way few have, I'm not doing it for you. But, after we're done if I live I don't want to see your face again." She doesn't say this with hatred, but almost a desprate pleading, like she was wishing away some deathly illness.

"Please, If you have any good in you promise me that if we survive you'll leave us all alone for good, Me, Tina, Max and Nick."

At that she lets go of him. "Sorry." She says quietly.

14. mmarage

Nothing had happened at the hospital apparently, though I did come in time to see Cole getting wheeled into the hospital, Leon hadn't made it yet, I just waited in the lobby with the briefcase, when Leon came, I just sent him away, saying that I was going to be visiting a suspect in another case, the tip I got was false. I went into Cole's Room once they finally allowed me to.

When I got inside he was still unconscious, so I just pulled up a chair next to him. "Well... prepare for the longest conversation we've ever had..." I said, I leaned my chair back and just stared at the ceiling for a while. "Well, where to begin...? I failed spectacularly. I couldn't kill Karla or her real brother... Wilhelm's dead... Not that I care, the others are dead, they blew them up... but... again, I can't care... I'm... I'm just so tired Cole." I said, my shoulders slumped and I just turned my stare to the ground. "...This is my last fight, I've decided. But to sit around doing nothing... that isn't me, never is, never will be. I'm going to kill her, Trisha, then... I can die." I said, I just let that hang in the air for a few minutes.

"...Yup... telling an unconscious guy that I'm going to die... that I'm gonna kill myself... well... I needed to tell someone that I was... and I'd rather not go through the whole, 'Oh you can't do that' or 'Please don't do that, you have so much to live for', yeah, a lonely life and more pricks to deal with, more people that I'll lose... more people that will die because of me... or maybe I'm telling someone unconscious is because... I know that no one will react like that. I'm sure with the way that I've treated everyone the reactions would be more like 'Oh.' or 'Where's this takin' place, I want to kick back with some popcorn and watch'." I said, I sighed. "So how about you? If you don't mind, or are even for it, stay unconscious." I said, I waited for a few minutes and then laughed. "As I thought." I said, I got up. "See ya Cole, take care of yourself." I said. With that, I walked out of the hospital and back home, alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon and I showed up at Woodrow's house the next day, I acted indifferent about everyone being alive, it was a pleasant surprise at best. Leon however was very relieved, he wouldn't shut his trap, going on and on about how relieved he was that everyone was okay... okay maybe that was just me exaggerating, still, it was annoying.

I just stayed in the back holding my briefcase containing the sniper rifle, listening to everyone berate Dexter, finally I stepped forward. "Hmph, I'm taking them down either way, let's hear this plan... though just a little warning in advance, if Trisha is there, I will kill her, anyone that gets in my way... Vectorcorp will be the least of your worries, Dexter if you get even so much as think of getting in my way, the Web will be the least of your worries, I'm probably tired of you the most, and I have questions about where your loyalty lie, got it?" I asked, fixing him with a cold glare.

15. TheApprentice

Nick didn't respond to Kubi's apology. She was cute, and he did have a little bit of a crush on her, but that pissed him off. He couldn't do this now. His high school years were officially ruined because of Vector. He could not experience high school romance now. Even if Vector was completely destroyed, so much damage had been done.

"You are the most sick?" Nick raised his voice in irritation "My mother died, my friend was shot down in front of me, and I live in a shitty fucking hotel with my depressed father! This asshole ruined my life! What did he do to you?"

16. mmarage

I looked at Nick. "I'm sorry, please listen a little bit better retard. Out of everyone in this group, I'm sick of him the most, then comes you, your idiocy tends to give me headaches... my warning for the others goes doubly for you." I said, I pulled out my pistol and pressed it against his forehead. "If you get in my way or cause me any trouble, I can, and will blow your brains out." I said, my expression a slight mixture of boredom and annoyance, as though I were debating whether or not to squash a bug.

17. TheApprentice

But as Joe had his gun on Nick's head...Nick had a pistol pressing into Joe's stomach "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Nick didn't expect Joe to agree with him. Of course this asshole would claim to be the most sick of Dexter's antics. He was an arrogant moron. He didn't have any friends that died, he didn't have any friends. Nick's mouth smirked at the fact. Truly though...Nick considered he may be better off if Joe did as he said he would do. From the looks of how things were going, Nick wasn't exactly blessed. Neither were any of them, really. It kind of made Nick wonder why they were all trying to survive.

18. mmarage

"Ah, but who is more likely to walk away from this encounter, the one who has a bullet in his stomach, or the one who's brains are splattered all over the ground?" I asked tilting my head, I hadn't meant that I was sick of him more than anyone else in the group, what I had meant out of everyone that I was sick of, I was sick of him the most. "Oh and wipe that smirk off of your face, I'm going to guess it's because I'm alone, but Nick, here's the cruel cruel truth you ignore day in and day out, friends are a weakness, they make you do stupid things, they're an attachment that people can use against you, they're just plain useless, you may have friends, but I have something better, no one, no attachments, no weaknesses, no one to weigh me down." I said, I pressed the gun against his skull, digging the cold metal into his forehead. "Nothing to make me irrational." I said.

Leon just watched the confrontation, his hand on his katana. "That's enough, both of you." He said, he was trying to hide the pain of Joe's words... was he nothing to him...?

19. Kingtype

Before Dexter could make any promises about keeping people alive or about his loyalty Nick and Joe were at each other’s throats which was a pretty good life saver.
    He wasn't exactly sure how well he could keep any of those promises most of all the first one.

Thankfully the kid with the sword pulled the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum apart before they could pain Woodrow's from yard red.

Dexter opened his mouth to speak but his attention and the attention of the others was turned to a black van that pulled up. The door opened and Carter stepped out quickly going around to the back of the vehicle as he spoke. “Ah good you got them all together.”

He said as he flipped open the back of van revealing a collection of ammo belts, holsters, pistols of various kinds, shot guns, hunting knives, submachine guns and more firepower then they'd ever had before when going up against their enemies.

"A gift from Mr. Damon and very much apologizes that he could only send me as assistance and that he himself could not be here." Carter bowed. "And I do apologize myself but I hope this gift I brought can make some sort of amends."

"What the fuck did you do?" Dexter's eyes widened. "Rob Rambo?"

"No." Carter shook his head with a smile. "But I could."

20. Exzalia

Kubi studies Joe a moment. "nice mask." She says simply then turns her attention to Nick. She puts her hand on Nicks gun lowering it away from Joes face.

"As much as you may hate him, we really can't afford to loose members now, Even if they are jerks we need all the help we can get, lets focus on avenging our loved ones first okay? Can you do that Nick?"

Her voice rung with a genuine kind concern, a worry and sweet comfort only Kubi was capable of. In truth it saddened her to see what Nick was becomeing.

"Perphaps if he has someone to be kind to him he won't slip so far down this path of madness." She thinks and crosses her fingers hopeing it's true.

21. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Church Mice

The kids picked their weapons and prepared for what would hopefully end the chaos they’d all been forced to endure.

It was a quiet drive with Carter at the wheel and Woodrow directing where to go to where Stella was being held. Carter pulled as far from the church as he could to not attract attention. The old church looked ominous it was a large faded white wooden building that looked like the perfect termite hotel, a large broken metal cross sat on the tip the building, rust seeming to be the cause.

Dexter's eyes squinted, the sun was just beginning to fully rise but everyone paid close attention as a car pulled up in the church parking lot.

"It's not Trisha." Dexter said as they watched the man step out. It was the Mexican man….Silas…Silas Rivera he was greeted by a cute but serious faced blonde who had two revolvers holstered around her waist.

---

"So what kind of music are the kids listening to these days?” Garrison said. A pleasant smile sat awkwardly on his face as he stared across at Stella.

Her hair unkempt, her bottom lip split open and her clothing torn from her various attempts to escape. “Boy bands right?”

Garrison toyed with his bowler hat. "Ummmm would you like a drink?"

Stella looked away from him, shuddering slightly as she folded her arms. "No and no."

"Are you sure?" Garrison asked. "The blood of Christ can really give you a nice buzz and it takes the edge right off." He smiled. "Keep the best wine in churches."

"Hypocrite." Stella muttered under her breath. Garrison frowned as he took a look at the beautiful stained glass windows. "Let's not throw petty words around in front of the lord." He shook his head.

"Besides I haven't done anything hypocritical. I just drink and sell things."

"And you're keeping me hostage inside a church." Stella said as she raised her eyes to him again in disgust. "What do you call that?"

Garrison blinked. "I'm not Christian." He scoffed. "I'm Buddhist.....oh wait that's still hypocritical."

Stella hadn't the chance to say anything more as the church doors opened wide.

"Ah, look who it is!" A booming voice echoed through the building. Stella turned to find the man who she'd come close to shooting the night of the theater incident. Silas walked through the church pews, taking a seat behind them. "Nice to see you again, niñita." He said, flashing a winning grin.

The woman, Goldie, went the opposite direction and stomped down the aisle towards the group. Clearly she was distressed by the way her brow furrowed at the sight of them. "Get up." she said sharply, her glare landing on Stella. "It's time to end this."

"What?" Garrison said, sitting his hat back on his head. "End it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Goldie didn't pay attention to his question and kept her gaze fixed on Stella. "I said get up."

Stella did what she was told, coming face to face again with the blonde woman. They stood in silence for a brief moment like a predator studying its prey.

"You're going to tell me where the documents are now." Goldie said, sliding one of her revolvers from its hold.

Weapons in church...more hypocrisy. Stella sighed. "Mr. Laplace Damon has them."

"The real estate guy?" Garrison sniffed. "What's he gonna do use them as contracts for a house?"

"No, amigo. Not a house." Silas cut in. "A web."

Goldie raised her gun. "You gave them to that bastard?"

"Well, kinda. He's been working with me...so he took them." Stella winced as the gun suddenly dug into her ribs. But Goldie didn't stop there, she slammed into her shoulder, shoving her to the ground.

"Stop that, chica!" Silas shouted and got up from his seat.

Goldie scowled in his direction. "Why should I? Stupid girl deserves it for trusting that bland piece of..."

"You'll regret it." Silas said. "You kill her, Sparkles will kill you next."

"Don't you talk to me about regrets!" Goldie snarled.

"Would you two shut up." Garrison sighed as he knelt down, picking Stella up off the floor. "Honestly I don't know who this Laplace guy is but Goldie you need to learn to control your anger."

Garrison's gaze shifted back to Stella. "You remember what I told you, about what I did to your friend?"

She gritted her teeth to hold in her tears, nodding slowly.

---

Dexter leaned back in his seat. "Okay as far as I know there are three of them in there with the fourth which is Trisha on her way." Dexter opened the door. "To be honest I don't have much of a genius plan this time." He admitted.

"This time I just say we knock on the front door." Dexter's eyes flashed. "If you know what I mean?" He made a steering wheel motion with his hand. "Vroom! Vroom!"

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  22. TheApprentice

Nick nodded his head as he sat in the back next to Dexter. Crashing through the doors of a church with the car seemed pretty bad ass. On top of that there were only four Vector scum as far as Dexter told them. Nick was sure at least two of them would die as soon as they attacked, and Trish was in a hopeless position. Since the day his house burned down, Nick had been waiting for this day, and equipped himself well.

The day before, as he was sitting on a stretcher waiting for the doctor, pain killers sat on the counter. It was irresponsible of whoever had placed it there. While Nick had been told to put pressure on his injured leg occasionally, it was going to be painful to do so for at least a few more days. There was no way he was going to survive that way with Vector coming after him, so he snatched the bottle off the counter and smuggled it home. As for guns, he still had the 45. Colt revolver, but was now carrying an automatic Tec 9 as well. He even had a bulletproof vest on. He was prepared.

Nick looked at the church. Old, abandon, ominous. It looked less like a place for a shootout and more like a place a serial killer dumped bodies. "Alright. Strange as it sounds I agree with Dexter on this one. It will be so sudden. They wont expect it."

23. mmarage

"...Fine... When Trisha gets here, leave her to me, we have a score to settle, just make sure not to kill Stella in the process, that girl is a nuisance, however she's still a somewhat actor in this little game of ours." I said holding my pistol, I still had the briefcase with me, I was just wearing my usual trench coat, I didn't need protection... this was it, the final fight... I'm ready to end all of this... then... then I could rest.

Leon sat next to me, holding his katana and a pistol and wearing a bulletproof vest, he'd much rather be in close quarters in a fight rather than shoot at someone, it felt so impersonal and much less fair, anyone with half a brain can aim at something and shoot, it took someone with real skill to fight hand to hand, or in his case blade to blade. He looked over at me. "Joe are you sure that you don't want a vest?" He asked. "Yes, for the final time, yes, I'm perfectly fine, now leave me be." I said, Leon merely sighed and nodded.

24. Exzalia

"I-I'm ready." Kubi said shakeing holding a hand gun tightly. She took a couple mags. It was all she could manage, it was also all she needed.

"I'll live through this, I swear I will."

25. Kingtype

Making an Entrance

And…….

Here……….

we

GO!

Carter stepped down on the petal and the wheels screeched as the van took off straight towards the large and chipped doors of the church. As the vehicle obliterated the doors its way everyone was jerked forwards as the sounds of crushing wood and debris exploding in every direction, slamming through old pews.

---

Stella hit the ground as soon as the pews that weren’t demolished did an almost domino like effect sending the shocked girl spilling on the cold floor. Silas’s eyes widened at the car flying up the aisle but almost like second nature he produced again from his sleeve and fired two shots at the windshield.

---

“Shit!” Was all the kids managed to hear from Dexter’s mouth before they all noticed they were covered in blood and chunks of brain from the now deceased Carter Prescott.

Silas had taken out the gentleman thief and also managed to put the second bullet through Woodrow’s shoulder.

The van swerved as Carter’s body collapsed on the wheel.

Silas's smug expression quickly faded almost as quick as it came as he realized the car was still heading right for him and all his arrogance was certainly destroyed along with him as the van slammed into him.

The enemy was flung to the opposite side of the room slamming into the wall putting a hole in it and shaking the ancient building enough that decrepit old ceiling beams and roof pieces began to topple down.

Silas’s brown eyes were dazed as through up his left hand in defense of the falling wood but it was no avail as he was crushed under all the pieces.

---

Before anyone could take control of the wheel of the out of the control van the swerving vehicle tipped and crashed on its side.

All windows shattering cutting everyone inside as the car finally came to a halt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.