1. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Characters with Relationship Problems

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by S-wo, Nov 28, 2010.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm writing a research paper on the psychology of super heroes, super villains, vigilantes, etc, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any characters that have problems with relationships, romantic or otherwise. It would be even more helpful if that character saw a therapist to deal with that problem. I give my thanks in advance.

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributing Member Contributor

Superman had trouble with Lois Lane, Underdog with Sweet Polly Purebred, the Hulk with anybody he hung around with for long. I am not a big follower of comics and superheroes, but those just popped into my head. Heck, even in the movie The Incredibles, there were relationship problems.

I cannot think of any that were seeing a therapist.

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributing Member Contributor

if we are doing TV shows then Ally MacBeal and Bones come to mind. Both feature therapists

4. Klogg

Klogg Member

Are you referring to just superheroes or characters in general? For superheroes, look up Spiderman/Black Cat. Also Green Lantern/Alex DeWitt.
    If you are referring to characters in general, the t.v. character Monk comes into mind.

http://io9.com/5471401/8-superhero-relationships-more-dysfunctional-than-yours

5. Newfable

Newfable Senior Member

If you're interested in superheroes alone, then Spiderman and his story is riddled with relationship issues, from the small yet dramatic, to the massive and life-changing.